Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so, it this possible?
and yes, 1.5 is SOHC.

Are there any forged pistons which can be used for this setup?
how much boost with T25 can take standard 1.5 pistons?
how much will CR be decrased with decompression plate on standard pistons?

lots of questions, so i hope there will be lots of answers ;)

Thanks a lot guys :D

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
From my experience with my 1.5's :
stock pistons/block : t15 i ran up to 15psi didnt run the t25 on it
scoupe pistons/shot peened rods : i ran up to 22psi with a tiny t25 putting 195whp and 220ft lbs of torque down (chart is in FI section somewhere search for dyno or something).
Not saying you should do what i did, however i did all this daily driving boosting daily and hard without problems.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Sorry yes the scoupe turbo pistons drop right in the 1.5 sohc. You can search and find several threads about it =-)

·
Registered
842 Posts
just another 2 cents in but if you're gonna start running 20+ psi may want to look at a slightly bigger turbo like a (g)t28

·
Registered
198 Posts
I always wandered what would happened if you put this pistons in a DOHC block since they are the same boreXstroke dimensions :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
I always wandered what would happened if you put this pistons in a DOHC block since they are the same boreXstroke dimensions :D

My friend of Guadeloupe do this with 1.5 dohc engine and turbo scoope piston that run GREATTTT you only need shave top of piston about 1 MM!!!I know somebody run this setup on 1.5 sohc with turbo scoope piston and T28 18-25 psi NO PROBLEM!!!!

1.5 dohc piston turbo scoope
::gzk.monchar.com PONY GT X3 1999
Vidéo : YouTube - Hyundai Pony/accent X3 1.5 turbo 10psi

1.5 sohc piston turbo scoope t28 17 psi vs srt
Vidéo: Accent 1,[email protected] vs. [email protected] - Video
http://www.clubaccentquebec.com/video/turbo/dyno.wmv

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
My friend of Guadeloupe do this with 1.5 dohc engine and turbo scoope piston that run GREATTTT you only need shave top of piston about 1 MM!!!I know somebody run this setup on 1.5 sohc with turbo scoope piston and T28 18-25 psi NO PROBLEM!!!!
Why do you need to shave about 1mm off. I was under the impression the the Scoupe pistons went straight in, without any mods.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
You need cuz hyundai scoope piston waz HIGHER of 1mm!!!If you put in and not shave you will touch you headengine!!!

Anyway all information waz here!
The Gzk's Project >>>[email protected]'98....<<<
If i could read French that would be awesome. I asked other members about the piston question, they never brought up that you have to shave the piston down.

·
Registered
502 Posts
do the pistons work on an LC 1.6 DOHC?

·
Registered
502 Posts
thats great now my question is where can i go to shave down some pistons?
lol

·
Registered
502 Posts
so if the s-coupe gt comes stock turbo then that also means there is a cover in the s-coupe that would make accent turbos look stock also...mabe
I will look into it lol :D

on second thought.. disregard my stupidity

1 - 19 of 19 Posts