Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if anyone knows weather aftermarket headers for the 1.5L DOHC motor would also fit on the 1.6L DOHC

I have a 07 1.6L and cant find headers under $400, so i was hoping these would also fit

let me know if anyone can help

thanks

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
A header for the 1.5l DOHC (but not SOHC) Alpha will bolt to the head of any 2005 or older 1.6l DOHC Alpha for sure. In 2006 the Alpha got CVVT and I haven't heard of anyone trying it yet to verify that it will bolt up.

If the header bolts up to your head the odds are pretty good that it will not connect to your factory exhaust so you would need to have a portion of your exhaust custom bent to match.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so it should bolt up to the head?

i was going to have a custom full 2 1/4 inch exhaust made up anyway so im not really worried about it bolting to the exhaust system

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
so it should bolt up to the head?

i was going to have a custom full 2 1/4 inch exhaust made up anyway so im not really worried about it bolting to the exhaust system
maybe. nobody knows for sure whether or not hyundai changed the exhaust manifold's bolt pattern on the 06-07 head.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
You could go to the dealer and compare exhaust manifold gaskets for both the 2000-2005 1.6l DOHC and the 2005-2008 1.6l DOHC.

·
Registered
106 Posts
...where did you find 1.5 DOHC headers for under $400?????

·
Registered
208 Posts
Just go to the dealership and compare the gaskets of 00-05 1.6 dohc. If they do fit you can get the evofusion headers for 350 i think.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you can find Kia rio headers for the 1.5 DOHC for like $150

im gonna get them, if they dont fit, im just gonna cut the flange off the stock headers and weld it to the aftermarket header pipes, kinda alot of work but to me its worth the $250 you would save

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
The only engine from the Rio which interchanges with the 2006+ Alpha 1.6l in the MC Accent is the Alpha 1.6l in the current generation Rio. If there's a 1.5l Rio engine it's not the one that interchanges with your engine. Prior to the current generation (MY 2006+ if I'm not mistaken) the Rio engines were not Alpha engines at all.

·
Registered
106 Posts
ok, after a little more research, the rio did have a 1.5 from 01-02, but it looks to have a completely different head, if not a completely different engine.

even if the header bolted up, the downpipe would most likely hit the oil pan, as i believe thats different too.

that link I posted is bogus, and has no references. If anyone has a better understanding of this, they should edit it.

Hope this helps, good luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts