Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible for a 1.5 sohc MAF based ECU to be changed with and ECU which is plug and play? Such as Beta ECU or sth like that? anyone?

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I just dont know if it will work on the 2000, I dont think so. I know the 98/99 sohc cam motor can take the beta ecu plugged in and go with the beta motor or the 1.5 motor (provided the 1.5 has beta maf/injectors). The 2000 has a different wiring schematic. Use webtech to compare it to the pin out in the hybrid section i did with the accent/tib ecus.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The funny thing is that I have an LC with an X3 1.5sohc engine map based and I use a MAF. The map sensor is there and is not connected as the LC harness don't support map. Weird but it runs smooth and goes perfect.You see, there is a lot of difference between the 1.3 sohc and the 1.5 sohc. For you out there the 1.5 is a common thing. Here it'a a good deal as the 1.3 siplmy won't even move and take forever to gain kms... My friends used to call it a snail :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
I am interested to see if this works for my 02 LC. I would be willing to swap out the MAF, injectors and ECU if it will work.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can easily find a 1.6 j2 ecu and injectors but I don't think the plugs will be the same. Even if they are, how am I supposed to use map instead of maf? At this point the maf will be useless. The only idea is rewiring from the ecu to the map right?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts