Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!!
This is my first message and I would really appreciate all the help I can get.
My name is Pritesh and I'm from Mumbai India. I own a Hyundai Accent which has a 1.5 SOHC engine. I have done some minor mods like K&N Cold air intake system, MagnaFlow catback with a Remus exhaust and custom header. I ran a 17.59 at the drags earlier with this setup but I would like to build it up a bit more to acheive atleast low to mid 15sec. I am looking for a NA setup only and donot wish to swap engines.
Cheers!!!
Pritesh.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
N/A? Ummm, thats going to be very hard. N/A these engine barly move. they do however have cams i believe for your engine model. and some adjustable cam gears. I say get a SAFC neo or something like that, Try for a custom intake manifold, port and polish the heads, get some high compression pistons, the cam, and maybe some tiburon 2.0 injectors and 120-130 to the wheels is something you might get...maybe more. not sure but you can always got Nitrus too. Like a 50-75 shot. Also look into a reflashed ecu. From either powerchip.com or kdmstuff.com You have a non US Spec Accet so i belive a reflash is doable for your car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you

Thanks for the help. I like your accent it looks good. Im getting the head ported and polished, bigger throttle body(again ported), 275 cams, custom intake and exhaust manifold and also reworking the gear ratios. what say you?? think this is enough or should i look into some more.
Cheers
Pritesh

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got a question for you where did you get your cam ? Did you find a adjustable cam gear ? I'm running 17.025 @ 83 mph on the 1/4 mile totally stock. I'm building up another 1.5 G4EK "on the side" and I want to put a camshaft, port and polished head & intake (maybe a custom one with a 63mm TB). One of my friend doing dirt racing with a 89 Prelude here in Canada and he told me to raise up the compression by "machining" the head (on the gasket side). With a bone stock 10:1 CR, it is become dangerous ?

Sorry about my english, but please try to answer me. And I'm a mecanic so I know where I'm going hehe

·
Registered
104 Posts
I got a question for you where did you get your cam ? Did you find a adjustable cam gear ? I'm running 17.025 @ 83 mph on the 1/4 mile totally stock. I'm building up another 1.5 G4EK "on the side" and I want to put a camshaft, port and polished head & intake (maybe a custom one with a 63mm TB). One of my friend doing dirt racing with a 89 Prelude here in Canada and he told me to raise up the compression by "machining" the head (on the gasket side). With a bone stock 10:1 CR, it is become dangerous ?

Sorry about my english, but please try to answer me. And I'm a mecanic so I know where I'm going hehe
you can gain some compression by milling the head, but you'll have to watch a bunch of things doing it, piston to valve clearance being one of them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My friend who is working on my car ordered the cam shaft from pipercross. Im not much of a techie but I will put forward your queries to him and get back to you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ran my car at the drag meet 2weeks ago. My best time was a 16.97sec 1/4mile. I have not installed the cam as yet so this car was running only with ported and polished head, bigger throttle, custommade exhaust manifold with a remus exhaust and K&N cold air intake system. Im hoping that with a remapped ECu and the cams i should dip into the high 15s to low 16s. But i am quite pleased with the results so far as i am running more than a second faster than last year. If you guys wanna see my run its on youtube. just search for hyundai accent vs SL55
Cheers!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey sorry to dig up this old thread,
but im also interested in where you got the cam from?
ive been looking around everywhere and cant seem to find anyone that makes them

1 - 8 of 8 Posts