Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i need some precision about the ECM , i know there some thread about this but not enough about the 1.5..

So , i have a hyundai accent 2002 with the 1.5 , manual.

The engine i bought is an : beta II from an elantra 2001.5 +

I rebuilded the engine and now i have everything i need to do the swap but some information about the ECM.

First , should i get the 1.6 or the 2.0l . I have heard that its easier with the 1.6 . If i want the 1.6 but have the 1.5 right now , what do i need to change ? I know there something about the MAF and MAP , is there anything else ? Does i need to do all the wiring ? And what connetor i need for my engine , 1.5 , 1.6 or keep the 2.0l connector ?

Secondly i would like to know is about the thing you call * piggyback * im not that good in english and i know what it is exactly ( if you speak french feel free to send me a PM )

And finally i have readed about a thing that make your engine unable to start (SMARTRA Immobilizer system or something like that ) .. Can you tell me more about that ? and how we can fix that .. If that can help i bought my car in canada. Also if there something i need to buy can you give me a link ?

Thanks alot for your help , when i will get this information im gonna be ready to do the swap ! thansk again

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Swapping to the a 1.6 is the same as doing a 2.0, with a couple of mods. The 1.6 ecu can run a 2.0. If you want to know more check out my link in my signature. This should point you in the right direction.
definitely go with the 2.0.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thanks for the links ! Seems really complete ! And do you know about the smarta immobilizer system ? or i dont have to care about that even if my cars is from canada ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its an beta II from an elantra 2001.5 + and i would like to run it with the 1.6 ecm for now . Do you know also if i have to remove the transaxle to do the swap or not really ?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Get in Contact with Denis Atelier HP - Accueil Email him about what you are trying to do. He's from Quebec and does a lot of custom work on Hyundais and Beta swaps. He should be able to help you out a lot.

·
Registered
237 Posts
its an beta II from an elantra 2001.5 + and i would like to run it with the 1.6 ecm for now . Do you know also if i have to remove the transaxle to do the swap or not really ?
well since I'm in the middle of my 1.5 to 2.0 swap right now I can tell you it's a lot easier to do if you remove the engine and transmission as one unit and put the new stuff back in the same way.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok nice thanks for the info! Its helping alot ! Should i remove the engine and the transmtion by the top or down ? ( sorry for my enlish) Wich would be easier ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts