Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't found this written in stone on the forums, but does anyone know if the 1.5l heads are interchangeable from year to year.. like if I took from from an x3 and put it on an LC.

Reason I ask is becase my car decided it wanted to eat a few exhaust valves. I can't find any LC's at the junkyards but I see lots of accents that are like 95-99. Mine is a 2001.

Let me know.

·
Registered
508 Posts
mabe time for a beta ???? you can find them cheap at junkyard

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I was looking at someone's 2001 the other day and the head seemed to look identical to the head on my old 1.5 X3 motor. The intake and fuel systems connecting to it looked a lot different, even though it was a 1.5, but the head seemed the same. Just be sure to get ACTUAL PROOF that they are. Have you checked webtech?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by DynastyAccent
[body]
I was looking at someone's 2001 the other day and the head seemed to look identical to the head on my old 1.5 X3 motor. The intake and fuel systems connecting to it looked a lot different, even though it was a 1.5, but the head seemed the same. Just be sure to get ACTUAL PROOF that they are. Have you checked webtech?
[/body]
Did check it, webtech seems to be a joke for the 1.5l motors. It never has the information I need, but maybe the information I require is more technical they're willing to give out without making you purchase an actual shop manual.

I'm probably going to end up going to the junk yard with a head gasket and a bunch of pictures of the head on my car to make sure everything is in the same place. Since no one seems to have a definite answer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts