Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m kind of stuck in a pickle right now. Should I continue my 1.5T project or should I go beta?
Since I blew my head gasket in my 1.5L. I am wondering if I should scrap the turbo project and go beta?

What should I do.? I haven’t made up my mind yet. What would you rather see??
Its all up in the air now. I think I can do a beta swap with 800 bucks.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
You blew your head gasket?

You can get a decompression gasket and run higher boost now if you go that route...

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You blew your head gasket?

You can get a decompression gasket and run higher boost now if you go that route...
Yea, i had like 5 quarts of oil... Umm i mean water and oil mixed:p.. I was luckey that i didnt hydrolock it.
Yea i thought of the dexompression gasket.
I was just looking at RTP beta swap, and everytime i look at that i just want one.. :cool::cool:

sometime this week im going to price eveything and see what it will run me to get the 1.5 fixed and how much it will run to swap a 2.0 in.

·
Registered
845 Posts
although I like my beta swap, I regretted collecting turbo parts for the 1.5 and then never using them. Id say try and do the head gasket yourself or maybee find another motor for $400. If you got a half decent turbo you can still reuse it and the other parts when you finally do go beta. Take your time, the car will be a money pit from now on anyways:rolleyes:

·
Registered
502 Posts
like the Hyundai monster said "B is for Beta and that better then Alpha"
:D

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
RTP is right! Personally all my friends have gone 2.0 swaps in their accents (non boost) and having my 1.5t has been so much fun! Nothing like dusting a car and telling them its just a 1.5 lol My next motor will be a 2.0 though, i've had my fun with the 1.5 after this build im currently working on. You got the parts now get a decompression plate and run 15psi trust me you will love it!

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Whoops, yeah you're right. That's the wrong spacer gasket. After some looking I can't find the one for the 1.5l anymore. I know it WAS available but I don't know if it is anymore.

·
Registered
845 Posts
UNLESS your running over 10psi I wouldnt even think of a decompression gasket. IMO

·
Registered
58 Posts
if you`re rebuilding engine i would definitly go with scoupe turbo pistons.
it will kill CR and you`ll run with high boost without any trouble ;)

hm...here we have a guy who`s doing custom decompression plates for any cars :D

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
if you`re rebuilding engine i would definitly go with scoupe turbo pistons.
it will kill CR and you`ll run with high boost without any trouble ;)

hm...here we have a guy who`s doing custom decompression plates for any cars :D
I will do the pistons next year if I keep the engine. I think i might do a beta swap next year and then turbo that..:rolleyes:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts