Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!
I'm from Italy and I've a Tuscani 1.6 with alpha II engine and I've changed many things of it, in order to put a Turbo with 170 HP at 11 PSI.
Now, I need a better clutch kit that can manage until 200 HP. Could you suggest me something? There is something in your store for my kind of engine?
Sharkracing and Kspec have some good Valeo clutch Kit for 800 $ (rated until 400 HP)....but I think their price is too expensive for me and for only 200 HP!

Thank you!

[Edited by blankpage on Jan 25, 2006 1:48 AM]

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Welcome to the Boards!!:):):):):):)

Cool Turbo Setup man, what you have there is pretty rare to come by these boards..

some of us are looking for a decent affordable turbo manifold like you have ther..is that a Hyundai Scoupe Turbo manifold in the alpha 2? and what turbine are you running??

your pics also solve's some questions..there probaby isn't a 1.6L Beta..which could've been mistaken for the G4ED Alpha II engine which is what you have..

you gotta tell where you got that manifold..

·
Registered
95 Posts
TAK82

There was a 1.6 16v beta from 1995 - G4GR. Produces 114 HP (in Poland, less in Germany)
was used in lantra and coupe.

From 2001 is a 1.6 16v - G4ED-G. Produces 107 HP and i think it's a alpha II and it is used in lantra and coupe.

[Edited by BOR on Jan 27, 2006 2:00 AM]

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
thanks for the info but i need the know if blankpage has a scoupe turbo manifold on his GK

his engine doe's look like the G4ED..the head, the oil cap,the intake manifold..all same as mine..
beta's seem to have more rounder heads around the edges.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
The S-Coupe Turbo manifold only fits the 1.5 SOHC Alpha I engine!.

Nick.:depressed:

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
WHAT Manifold doe's he have??

name that mysterious turbo manifold of mystery

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ahah!
I've a simply original 1.6 alpha II manifold..that is modified in order to fit Turbine and to install it, more up..possible!

I'll post you soon others pics...with the engine cover!

[Edited by blankpage on Jan 31, 2006 1:24 PM]

[Edited by blankpage on Jan 31, 2006 1:29 PM]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Accent95
[body]
Im in the same boat as you, but I have gone and ordered the VHR from Kspec.:)
[/body]
so..... in your opinion I have not other solutions!?!?! :cry:

or...I will put a custom clutch

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
is there a way you can organize another manifod like that for sale??

i wish i could buy your set-up.X)X)

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
it look's like your stock manifold lost the catalyic converter and bolted on that t3 flange..

is that how your's is set-up?..if so, i need to what OEM Car's carry a T3 flange.

or any other turbo flange that will fit the alpha manifold.

·
Registered
281 Posts
welcome to the crxHF turbo manfold. lots of turbo cars came with a t3 flange. theres a guy who sells custom flanges/adaptor plates for anything, just send him a gasket and he can make it. if anyone is interested in doing it, let me know i'll post a link up

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
so if i get a turbo housing from a eagle talon or mitsui eclipse or any 1st gen dsm..with the stock Garrett T3/T4 turbo's in it..it'll bolt up fine to my alpha 2 header with the stock cat removed?

what stock turbo's did the 1st gen dsm's use anyways? is that what blankpage got his from?

·
Registered
384 Posts
PLEASE go drive over puddle somewhere! That bay is so damn clean.

Nice job!

·
Registered
1 Posts
bro..can i ask u...b4 tht i have a hyundai coupe GK3 model n turbo charged..Alpha 2 engine..the problem with my car is tht the ecu cant read or rewrite..i order it frm SFR or seoulfulracing.com ...its just no gud..n the thing is i try so many piggyback..still it wont go..the main problem is tht it cant modified the A/F ratio..n thts y i got my piston blow..

so i would like to ask u ..wht kind of ECU/piggyback r using to ur success...can u send me ur diagram n the ecu harness as well...thank u so much..n wht brand of ecu ur using..thnk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts