Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i was wondering if there was any difference between the 2001 accent 1.6 engine and the 2003 and up accent 1.6. cause i need to replace my engine its got really bad oil blow by through the intake and comeing out the intake pipe.and i dont have the money to do the beta swap like i want to but that is a future plan.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Yahoo Answers said:
Continuously Variable Valve Timing, timing is adjusted to give you both good low end torque and high end power. Without variable timing, a camshaft is a compromise between, low end drive ability and high RPM power. Variable valve timing can give you both.

but i dont think your ecu can control it.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Its Hyundai NOT Honda...its mainly to smooth out the power band to give you a better gas milage.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
kool thanks for the info ill just stick with my year engine untill i get the money to go beta. another ? how hard is it to switch a automatic tranny to a 5 speed and will the a 5 speed off a 1.5 engine bolt to the 1.6 engine? if so what all is needed

·
Registered
159 Posts
ya the cvvt is a waste they not anywheres like the vtech you cant rev higher or anything just stay with under 2005

1 - 10 of 10 Posts