Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I stumbled on this website :::SFR::: Seoulfulracing Online Store-Community and found they sell an ECU conversion kit for a 95-99 X3 Accent at $230 US for a 1.6 to 2.0 litre swap. I thought I would share this with everyone as I've read a few postings on threads and it seems some of us are having issues with sorting the Accents ECU when doing the Beta swap. Well finally there is a ready made conversion kit on the market for a reasonable price, also check out what else they to offer for other Hyundai models its a potential gold mine of parts and goodies :D.

Accentrik95

·
Registered
686 Posts
read up on it, they never tested it and it doesn't work

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh really I had no idea :( what sort of issues were they having with it? Surely they can't sell something they know doesn't work? Tought I was on to something there lol.

Accentrik95

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
also, SFR sucks dick. they constantly rip off customers. Jay is a **** head who treats most of his customers like ****. i will never order from them. i would rather goto SR

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I'll be sure not to pedal SFR from now on if people have complaints about them. What company is SR? If you recommend them instead of SFR, have you got a web address or link to them? I'd like to check them out and see what they offer.

Accentrik95

·
Registered
686 Posts

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
that POJ from korea doesn't work worth ****...

all seoulfulracing cares about is their kdm **** and tibs and genesis products

i tried so many times to attempt to make it work, but it never fired up, it say's to use the beta crank sensor which i did and i wired it properly according to ecu schematics,

it's just a $230 worth of wasted money, and they never replied to my e-mail for support..shitty Customer service

japakos tried to contact sfr but no dice..they left us out to dry

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I'm honestly just post whoring to get up to 1000 posts but...

It seems to me that the USDM ECUs are different from everywhere else so anything ECU related isn't going to work for **** unless it specifies USDM

case in point: ECU reflashing

·
Registered
311 Posts
Who would have thought that a company selling loads of gear in their home country that WORKS in THEIR market wouldn't invest heaps of time for 4-5 sales on the other side of the world?

You know what, I get the same thing ordering stuff from the US :)

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
i rather not buy from sfr, it's over priced and takes forever to ship

they only care about the high end hyundai's..they're only in it for the profits, especially genesis and tib profits

they're just a local tuner shop with a race team and a shitload of "kdm" crap they toss to sell to make money

sfr pretty much thinks korea's the new japan..thinking the genesis is the best car in the world cause it's korean..

·
Registered
311 Posts
I think that's the same ethos as any company, make money! If you ran a business and had to pay R&D wages, you would want to have money coming in too. If a bunch of Koreans rang you asking for a couple of hundred bucks worth of stuff for a car that you had no idea about, you'd eventually give up too.

I don't think they're a BAD company, and I'm sure if you had the right car in front of their offices, they would be more than happy to help. The difference is, the american spec hyundai's ARE different from pretty much the rest of the world(like it or not) and to them it probably just isn't worth the investment of their time when there are a bunch of high profit genesis owners waiting for parts.

The beta swap market in the US is pretty small really, where as in Korea, it is much more common.

MAYBE a better option IS, try and find just the plug/sockets for these adaptors and make a pin list, wire one up yourself and then when successful, make more? YOU could then make $200us each time someone wants one? Maybe soulful will sell say 10 sets of just the plugs and make your own up?

Also I have to say I'm confused as to how someone couldn't make one work. if you have the pin diagrams, follow each wire and figure which ones need changing? Don't forget, KOREAN accents are all DOHC AND MAP!

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
what i'm upset over is that the don't stand behind their product especially the adapter,

you would think that if they made such a thing, it's come with instructions or a step by step instructions with pics or something..but all they cobble up a custom adapter out of the blue and hawk it as a ecu adpater,

i'm still waiting on jsharptooth to send me a chip swapped alpha ecu with the beta sI chip soldered into it..japako's said if you swap the sI chip "program" chip
from the alpha ecu and put the beta sI chip in the beta ecu, you'll get a beta ecu powered beta accent, no adapter necessary

1 - 17 of 17 Posts