Registered
2,164 Posts
it would give you some hp like 8 i think it was
its a little more agressive of a cam

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i heard that you only put the intake cam in why would you only put one in if its a better cam

·
Registered
91 Posts
^ Because the exhaust cam is exactly the same as the one that is already in the 2.0L Beta.

The 1.8L intake cam has a higher lift than the 2.0L intake cam, I believe.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ohhhhh ok i get it now they are the same ok thanks i guess i should go to the junk yard and get the 1.8l.

are the heads different or is the 1.8 head worse.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
i would not use an old cam from aother car. Just buy a new one.

·
Registered
30 Posts
So this cam business. I have a 97 tibby and you recommend i install a cam intake from an Elantra of which year? Also what is the cam intake, is that another way of saying camshaft or am i totally off here? Xcuzi the n00bn3ss

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Originally posted by desertfox
[body]
So this cam business. I have a 97 tibby and you recommend i install a cam intake from an Elantra of which year? Also what is the cam intake, is that another way of saying camshaft or am i totally off here? Xcuzi the n00bn3ss
[/body]
its the camshaft on the intake side. and its not necessarily from an elantra it could also be from a tib. it is the intake camshaft from the 1.8L beta motor which is in older tibs and older elantras.

it won't help you any if you have a 1.8L though because you already have it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ohhh thats great cuz i cant order anything here without a chasis number. I have a 2.0L and you are saying i can put in a 1.8L cam from another tiburon 1.8L??? Just to confirm. I got whipped by a subaru today :(

·
Registered
285 Posts
1998 non revision A 1.8l ecu, Elantra or Tib seems to be the most compatible (generally no cels) and you'll still get whipped by a Subaru;):

[Edited by kb5133 on Mar 21, 2006 4:48 PM]

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Subaru's are burly ......they're just...well....... they're just MONSTERS. Although i do have to say i kept up with one...not sure what kind but it was old. But i was was full throttle on it and I think he was just toying.....man it sucks to just have 1.6L or pure ECONO limp noodleness....thats what I'm working on.

Speaking of wich. is there anything engine wise i can do to my 1.6L Accent w/out a Beta swap that would help it any?

[Edited by fintile on Mar 24, 2006 1:17 AM]

·
Registered
30 Posts
man tats depressing i really wanted to get this subaru. Maybe i shud just sell the tib and get that sporty subaru someone offered me the other day. :O As for your accent, get some NOS :rambo:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts