Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can i put the 1.8L intake cam in my 2.0L beta2???? if i can how dose it feel???

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
I`m pretty sure the intake camshaft from a 1.8 BetaI won`t fit the Beta II, due to the latter engine`s variable valve timing mechanism on the inlet camshaft.

Nick.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Beta 2 cams are designed for solid lifters while the 1.8 cams work with hydrolic ones. Not a good idea.

[Edited by BENTLEY on Nov 28, 2005 11:38 AM]

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
I thought you were tryin to get your car to rev to 9 grand?

your not gonna do that with a stock cam besides the xd cam is supposedly a better cam

[Edited by faithofadragon on Nov 28, 2005 1:10 PM]

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^^ i know but am looking for some small chep mod to give my beta2 a bit mor kick

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
buy a crank pulley the 1.8 cam might actually make you lose power plus not to mention the difference between a shimmed head and one with HLA's the cam might cause trouble

·
Registered
106 Posts
I did this mod last winter, bad news dont bother. Do a search on the subject it was covered and fought over, then repeated! Oh sorry I did the exhaust cam as it was a slightly more agressive cam. As stated the cams are designed for different lifters and when you put a hydraulic cam into a mechanical lifter environment there is a lot of undesirable ticking. I found nothing wrong with my engine as such, just noisy. Check the cam comparisson chart because I think the intake cam is less agressive than the beta II cam.

[Edited by Slow 2K2GT on Nov 29, 2005 5:29 PM]

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok i know that in korea they have 1.8L beta 2 ??? can i use the cam from there on my beta 2???

·
Registered
106 Posts
not sure really, I dont know the specs on the korean stuff...with the trouble that would cause you might as well buy one from the HP store

1 - 9 of 9 Posts