Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I recently had a burnt gasket to my 1.5 sohc and I replaced it but had to shave tha head a bit just to make tha gasket fit exactly. Can I boost now at 7psi or bang? I'm planning on using beta 1 injectors for proper fueling. That's about it no money at the moment. T15 scoupe turbo manifold, FMI, 2" exhaust, race cat, free flow muffler and resonator. What do you think?

[Edited by japakos on Mar 3, 2006 1:04 PM]

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
you should be fine boosting at that ratio, just use high octane fuels and dont let her lean out or anything. keep her a tad rich..

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
with beta 1 injectors I'll have much fuel right?

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
you should have enough, are you running any fuel management? how big were your stock injectors, the ones in right now are 245cc. with slight fuel management, dropping in more fuel to keep it lil richer you should be fine..

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I currently have the beta 1 injectors. I'm planning on using the SAFC 2 some time in the future. But right now I will put the turbo as is. FMIC, Beta injectors, T15 on Scoupe manifold , free flow cat back exhaust with race cat , resonator, muffler and intercooler piping. All that at 5-6 psi. What do you think? The injectors now are 195cc.

[Edited by japakos on Mar 7, 2006 1:08 PM]

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You suggest running a SAFC or will I be ok without it for now?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I suggest the SAFC2 my car ran like ass without it, had problems with p1127 system too rich check engine light which would fuel cut the car heavily. When i got on the dyno i was running a bit lean at 8 psi with beta 1 injectors and 52 psi at the fuel rail, richened it up a bit with the safc2 and everything was good

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You have 1.5 SOHC? How much hp you produced?

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
thing about the SAFCII is our ECUs wont learn the settings, they will go back to stock, and you cant adjust it THAT much. should be fine for low boost setup, but if you got bigger injectors and ran 12-14psi, i would HIGHLY reccommend REAL fuel management like emanage or SMT-6.. 100X better piggy back than the SAFC, at least for our cars..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts