Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, I know that this is not the proper way to enter a forum and I appologize, but I need some help Quick. A little backround. My firend and I are building his 1996 Accent (he's on here somewhere) and we just installed his first set of wheels, a set of 17" Speedylight 5's off of Wheels Next. We called and asked for his specific application, but the Speedylight's are a flat (on the back) universal bolt pattern wheel with no space for the rotor retaining bolts. How do we get around this. Is there a kit out there to install panhead screws like the Honda's have? Right now they just have studs in them and that creates a huge amount of vibration because the whole assembly still has a bit of play, since that is unsafe he cannot drive it now. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
631 Posts
No direct way around the captive rotors. You HAVE TO reinstall those bolts. Do this now and roll around on the stock 13s before you get yourself (or your friend) into serious trouble.

2 Methods:

1. Mill the wheels to clear the bolts. You can do this with a good drill press and some careful planning.

2. Swap over to the Tiburon front spindle, rotor and caliper (this is what I did). It will incease the rotor and caliper size, so fitting the stock 13s won't happen anymore, but it does get rid of the captive rotors.

Just a side note - I really think 17s are too big for the X3 Accents. My 16s were plenty big and looked good. Now I'm on 15s and I couldn't be happier. The Rota Slipstream is a great wheel and will fit with the captive rotors.

[Edited by Gimp on Mar 10, 2006 8:44 AM]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I figured, he decided to mill them, so I will be getting on that next week. Thanks for the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts