·
Registered
686 Posts
they'll fit if u got the right offset, i was running those on my old lc

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
2007 Accent
Probably would've helped if I looked at what forum I was in. ;)

According to Discount Tire...

17x7's will fit and 4x100 is correct. 205/40-17 is also the correct tire size.

·
Registered
686 Posts
17's would give you the best handling, less tire roll

if you get some 15's like 205/50/15's there wont be much tire roll and you'll be a lot happier with that ride than the 17's.

my old accent felt like a golf cart lol

·
Registered
106 Posts
please don't go over 45mm sidewall.
If I had a MC id get 18s, but that's just me. 205/40/17 is probably your best bet, not much ride sacrifice, great control, and decent price too ;)

·
Registered
686 Posts
the 17 imo

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just put a set of 17s on my car, and i wish I would have gone with the 16s.
But I would choose 17s over 15s if you are going bigger at least go with
16s.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I know this is a bit off topic but does anyone know where I can order the side skirts and front/back bumper kits for the SR? I really like the subtlness of the look of those additions. Unfortunately in the states they don't offer the SR but I would love to get those panels to put on my 08 MC.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I know this is a bit off topic but does anyone know where I can order the side skirts and front/back bumper kits for the SR? I really like the subtlness of the look of those additions. Unfortunately in the states they don't offer the SR but I would love to get those panels to put on my 08 MC.
Your dealership should have that lip kit. It wont come with the wheel flares though. It'll be just the front lip, side skirts, and rear diffuser. Price is a little steep though.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
when u put 17's on ur accent, you're losing acceleration, slower stopping, unsprung weight and increase the chance of the axles snapping if you try to do silly launches with the fragile alpha tranny, and they bend easily and very sensitive to improperly balanced wheels..and they'll rub against the wheel well if u get the wrong offset,

they're just to heavy for the lc and mc to handle..sure u get sharp steering and grip, but they look ricey with the baby rotor's on the accents

16 is a right balance between clearance and handling,

if tire manufacterer's made 45 or 40 ratio 15's inch tires, i'd stay with 15 but we only got a thick 50 ratio size, and a 194-45-15 does exist but it's pricey..$97 each

if i had the money, i'd go for a set of 38mm offset drag dr-31 wheels, "rota torque knockoff's" shod with 205-40-16 nitto neogens.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts