Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got a new set of 5 spoke 17x7 voxx rims and 205/40 tire from a friend on a hope and a dream that they'd fit my 03 4 door. and they did, without any mods at all...so everyone keep your spirit alive with big wheel dreams

·
Registered
43 Posts
i have 18's on my LC no rubbing....unless i have people in the back(its a four door)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i hate to go off track, but...i was thinking about doing a clear corner conversion if you will...and while the lights are apart, i was thinking about putting in a set of angel eyes...which kit/company do you guys recommend?
thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
i have no help for you but once you do you should do a DIY for sure

·
Registered
27 Posts
Kspec has some stuff. I have never personally used the angel eyes from there, but they do have them. 70-150mm in diameter, all bright white leds. They're on the 3rd and 4th page of the kspec lighting section here: :KSPEC PERFORMANCE: KSPEC KDM Performance Center

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have mine dropped with the Weapon R coilovers and 17x7 and no rubbing even with people in the back. they are stiff and most people would not like them as a DD.

Mike

·
Registered
1,787 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
i have a 2005 accent hatchback with 205/40/17 and the back rubs when i have people in back and hit a dip in road. wtf?

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
I fit on 18x7.5" rims with 215/35/18's. It rubbed a little on my GT (because it's like 1/2" lower than a normal Accent) but I installed them on my friend's LC2 and there is no rubbing even when autocrossing. We had to grind the fender lip a bit and remove the bolt holding the rear bumper in line with the fender and grind that support away but now that they're on it's doing fine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
your talking about the little bolt @ 2 oclock if your on the driver side looking under the rear fender? i ground it down all the way to the bolt but i didn't want to take the bolt out and grind that away. seems like it would be damaging

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Yeah you have it exactly. It's okay to remove the bolt the fender and bumper will still line up fine. Mine's been out for several years now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
well i got sick of messing around with it so i traded for a set of 15" motegi's with 195/50/15. the ride is 10 times better and still looks good. should of done that in the first place. expensive lessson

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I just went straight for 16"s feels great. looks nice...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts