Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interested in Z28 appearance camero with a 231 motor and 3 spd trans. Perfect inside and out, upgrade to V-8 or leave it as is, and your ready to roll.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Are you selling or looking? I've been a second gen owner for a while and can probably point you the right way.

I could also be a dick and say - "c-a-m-A-r-o", but I won't. ;):

[Edited by Gimp on Mar 4, 2006 8:34 PM]

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a buddy of mine who wants to sell his trans am with a 400 fully built motor and the year of his car is a 77? Make an offer on that too. The camero is ready to roll with many upgrades and no rust its a 81

·
Registered
978 Posts
yeah brain fart lol

I would be interested in your friends trans am more then yours. questions on them both?

WS6 suspension on either of them??
What kind of hood on yours, shaker, turbo or flat?
original rims on both cars, how wide. I am looking for the indy rims with the rears at 8"

The 400, is that mated to the turbo400 and non posi, right??

is the 231 mated to a turbo200 or a turbo350 trans

sorry for all the questions, but if I am going to consider, info would be nice.

on the 81 with no rust in good shape, rolling to me would be worth only in the 1000-1500 range, with WS6, 1500-1700. t-tops and body in great condition 2000, and that would mean great condition with all body pieces, moldings, etc (and not painted moldings, factory finish)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the trans am is red and has a 4 spd auto turbo 400 transmission, and a chevy big block 400 which has been modified for performance and hp increase. This car can smoke the tires through all the gears, and can leave dark tread marks on the street for 2 blocks with white smoke. Upgraded suspension package on the trans am, aftermarket gauges, flowmaster exhaust, different gears in the pumpkin. This car is soul purpose was to be a race car, make my buddy an offer, its a 77 firebird transformed to a trans am with small amout of rust in the wheel wells. The Camero has a 3 spd. manual trans with a brand new clutch pressure plate and fly wheel with a short throw hurst shifter, and a chevy 231 v-6. You can swap out the V-6 for a small block V-8 of a 302 or a 350 to the same trans. The car is completely stock, except for the upgraded plugs wires and dist. cap on the V-6 motor. The camero is silver in color and was a RS but was converted to have a Z-28 appereance package. Im looking to get $2000 for the camero due to the lack of rust and excellent condition inside and out.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Okay, I'll be a dick now. c-a-m-A-r-o

I think you are a little high on the cost, but I'll post it up on the second gen board. If you have pictures, let me know.

http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?p=336796#post336796

[Edited by Gimp on Mar 6, 2006 7:16 PM]

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
The turbo 400 is a 3 speed trans, not a 4 speed. Also are you sure the trans am doesn't have a 403 olds in it. A lot of them came with that motor stock.

[Edited by Breezy on Mar 7, 2006 6:47 AM]

·
Registered
978 Posts
aaarrrgggh, well, I probably am not interested since i do not like modifications on american muscle. Post up some pics, a friend may be interested in the camaro,

I am no longer interested in the trans am, tooo much work and I would never pay him what he is looking to get out of it. (around 1000 dollars max)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The trans am has a Chevelle SS 400 big block under the hood, with a matching turbo 400 auto trans. Ill have pics available shortly concerning the 2 cars for sale, if interested feel free to email me at [email protected] for more info and pics

1 - 11 of 11 Posts