Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

421 - 432 of 432 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mine is also still around. :)
I use it as a daily now.
I was halfway through the VR4 conversion when I bought a Galant, so I got another wiring loom and put the old engine back in. :)
Still runs great, apart from the fluctuating idle which I was never able to fix. :(
I just replaced the front rotors and painted up the brakes. Looks a little better with 17" OZ racing wheels. :)

I haven't been on this forum for aaaages. I remember you stellar! :)
haha your car was pretty wicked from what I can remember.
Good stuff man, keep it pumping. ;)

·
Registered
492 Posts
Mine is also still around. :)
I use it as a daily now.
I was halfway through the VR4 conversion when I bought a Galant, so I got another wiring loom and put the old engine back in. :)
Still runs great, apart from the fluctuating idle which I was never able to fix. :(
I just replaced the front rotors and painted up the brakes. Looks a little better with 17" OZ racing wheels. :)

I haven't been on this forum for aaaages. I remember you stellar! :)
haha your car was pretty wicked from what I can remember.
Good stuff man, keep it pumping. ;)
dude im still around. my elantra has 350,000km on it. im running the 4g63 in it with the 1.6 gearbox. running strong. still have the stellar, its almost done with the 4g63t swap. just need a few things to finish but have been lazy on it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey,
New here but iv got a 1993 hyundai lantra (or elantra depending where ur from)
got it from first owner with only 68 thousand k's on about august/september (cant remember exactly) last year and have got it to 75 thousand k's now, extremely low mileage for its age, got it completely stock. have since installed fusion headunit with internal ipod dock, 2 new speakers for back shelf, dual 10" subs in boot with powervox amp 4 channel 640w per channel, still have to replace front speakers. havent got around to it yet because of there weird size (4.5" not 4 or 5 like all the speakers i can find) will probably have to make a new mount for them but dont have the time at the moment for that. also installed a remote control unit for the central locking for keyless entry :) . everything works perfectly still all power windows, power mirrors, and all that stuff except for the leather on the steering wheel, it was ageing so i ripped it off and put a new leather steering wheel cover on it. nice black racing style seat covers with blue highlights, under-dash rgb led lights with remote control, full solid colour control and brightness control as well as flashing and fading modes. and shiny black floor-mats.
oh and shes stock white paintjob.

i think that covers it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
<----------with 75HP shot Nitrous that will be turboed soon whenever I get the time and space.:D:evil:
:ermm:1994 Elantra GLS here.....and I've been to hell and back looking for aftermarket parts for this bodystyle....any help would be much appreciated, especially as far as body kits go....I can't seem to find a decent one:

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a 93 gls with the 1.8 with the auto. it has a arp headstuds, soon to get a ss header, 4g63 turbo intake and tb and fp2 cams.

·
Registered
492 Posts
my elantra met its demise last year almost to the day. sept 30 2009. got rear ended on the highway and sandwiched between two cars. so the milage total was 370,000km and running great but too much damage

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello guys
I have elantra J1 1991 model elantra i want to get more strengthen from brake system and suspension what do you recommend about that?
which shock absorder and spring will be fine for my car? please help me about it. Can i change rear brake system to disc?
thank you..

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is an old thread!
NIce to see once upon a time there were swapped elantras!!
Up here in Toronto Canada, there were a handfull of swapped sonata and elantras, early 90's model years of course.

If anyone is parting out or comes across a 94-95 Elantra GLS with rear disc. I could use the rear disc setup for my 88 colt.

421 - 432 of 432 Posts