Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have recentley baught a hyundai accent 1995 1.3n 12v for 300pound i have also purchesed a pipercrosser induction kit i was wondering if there is anything else i can do 2 get more performance. and if in the future i wanna do a engine swap what size engine will i b able 2 fit thanks for your help bless

·
Registered
30 Posts
HI DUDE

I ALSO HAVE A HYUNDAI ACCENT 1995 MODEL WITH A 1300CC 12V ENGINE . WELL ITS A WONDERFULL PIECE OF ENGINERING AND TO BE HONEST WITH YOU I WOULD NEVER RECOMEND YOU TO CHANGE THE ENGINE.

THIS ENGINE HAS A GOOD POTENTIAL.

I HAVE DONE NOTING YET SPECIAL I ONLY DID THE FOLLOWING;

MSD COIL
8MM SPARK PLUG WIRES
DENSO PLATINUM SPARK PLUGS
K&N CONE FILTER WITH A CUSTOM STAINLESS STEEL PIPES.
SPRAY PAINTED HANDELS AND MIRRORS AND ANY BLACK PLASTIC

NOW THIS MONTH I AM DOING A NEW IMPRUVMENTS!

I AM GOING TO DO THE FOLLOWING

BIGGER CAM SHAFT (BD10)
PORTING IN MY CYILINDER HEAD
AND A SET OF 40'S WEBBER'S
EXAUSTE MANIFOLD INCLUDING A STRAIGHT PIPE AND NEW SILENCER AT THE END.

IT WOULD BE NICE TO KEEP IN CONTACT WITH YOU IF YOU ARE FROM EUROPE AS I AM ALSO FROM EUROPE (MALTA)

HOPE I HELPED YOU ENOUGHT

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I WOULD defenetly reccomend swaping your engine out.. I personally have both a 1.5L and a 2.0L accent..

1.5L has following engine mods:
*2 1/4" Full cat back exhaust
*Short ram intake w/ Reactive filter
*Beta MAF, Injectors, Throttle Body, Ported IM

the second accent with the 2.0L has:
*2.0L engine swap
*stock exhaust
*headers
*short ram intake w/ K&N

the 2.0L will kill the 1.5 ANYDAY!!! it's at least 3-4 seconds quicker... the 1.5L Engine is a VERY slow engine.. the mods helped at little.. but it's it still slow and i can only imagin how much slower the 1.3 is!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
A 1300cc engine has got a good potential i got to know this at my local drag strip. I drove against a 1500cc ford fiesta diesel and a renault megan (do not know what he had under the hood) both beeting them by half a car or so

Its a challenge to make a 1300cc hyundai accent engine go fast buts its a short cut to swap engine.

I like challenges and i trust my hyundai!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so the 1300cc hav a lot of potential thats gud 2 know :)

so if i wanted to go for a engine swap how much do u think it wil cost? roughly
thanks everyone!!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
grahamsansone how much is it gonna cost you to do that 2 your engine? and could you tell me some gud web sites for parts plx peace

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well nice to know that you have finally understood that this piece of engine has a good potential.

In my case i use the car for work every day so i had to make it apoint not to stay with out a car.

so have have to buy an other engine same like mine to take its cam , intake manifold and probibly the cyilinder head. i will work with these parts at an engineer and the total price for porting and arranging the cam would be around GBP 200.

now you are wondering why i want the intake manifold! well webbers have a different flung so he must flung me theses webers with the intake manifold.

Webbers 40's and flung GBP 130

Then when all is done i think that in 2 days he will be able to set it all up.
The most expensive thing is the exaust system still have int got a price but probibly it will cost me GBP250

Hopefuly i will get some pixs on the forum withevery step i make so that every one can see what i am doing.

·
Registered
340 Posts
It depends on how much money you're willing to spend on it as to how much horsepower is possible. If you have the right amount of cash then the sky's the limit, more or less. The most cost effective solution for you however is to swap in a 2.0L beta motor as you would spend more on mods for the 1.3 to make it as powerful as a beta is "out of the box" so to speak.

[Edited by phantasm on Oct 19, 2005 4:49 PM]

·
Registered
30 Posts
HERE IN MALTA WE HAVE THE LOCAL DRAG STRIP AND MANY CARS, STREET MODIFIED COME AROUND AND SHOW OFF THERE POTENIAL SPEED.

THERE IS A TOYOTA GLANZA 1300CC WITH A TURBO T3 WHICH MAKES AN IMPRESSIVE 11.00SEC AT THE QUARTER MILE.

I HAVE NO INTENTION OF REACHING THOSE SPEEDS BUT I AM AMINIG FOR AT LEAST 14 SEC WITH A POSSIBLE 120 / 130 BHP

THE BEST THING TO DO IS TO TAKE IT FOR A DYNO TEST TO BE ACURATE A WORDS CAN SAY ALOT. ITS TRUE TO MAKE A 1300CC ENGINE GO FAST YOU NEED THE CASH.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i was wondering what car is the 2.0L betta out of?? and how much will i b able to get one roughly thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts