Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. I was wondering if anyone knew what engines would fit into the 1997 Hyundai Tiburon FX? I am thinking about swapping the engine out of mine for a much faster one. If you could please let me know I would greatly appreciate it. THANKS!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Heh.. are you rich?

Otherwise i wouldnt. You dont have to swap the Beta out to get more power. Its called boost. And it comes in the form of a turbo or a supercharger. Thats your faster right there.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
You want to put a honda engine in a hyundai?

Umm.. thats ALOT of work man.. and you wouldnt gain much out of it.

You can turbo these things up to 400 horsepower and beyond. Just moderate boost will get you into the 300's, and thats ALOT of power. You only have maybe 140 now. 200 and its a fast car.

If you want just easy stuff, Intake, Cat-back exhaust, and a set of free flowing exhaust manifolds and your done. Maybe a BBTB and thats it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
would these mods help my car get off the line faster? It seems like my car lags off the line and picks up in higher gears, but i want that quick pickup right off the line. What do you suggest? I appreciate it man!

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
our engines can take a beating. The transmissions may not be the best, but our engines are capable of making quite a bit of power. It'd be better to invest that money into forced induction rather than an engine swap.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Forced Induction is usually just as expensive as an engine swap. A common swap is to drop in a Mitsubishi 4G63 from an Evo, the engine will look REALLY similar, and if you get it from an Eclipse, the crank gears will be reversed.

Out of experience from Super/Turbo, Super's are easier to maintain, and have less parts to worry about. Turbo's are fun, but they're a pain in the *** to keep reliable and the tuning is hard to keep up with too.

Just my .02

Howie~

1 - 9 of 9 Posts