Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have a 1998 hyundai accent I use for stock car racing on a 1/4 mile oval track. The engine is a SOHC 1.5 12V.

I run the car in 2nd gear and had problems hitting the rev limiter too soon.

This year, I swapped the original transmission for a 1998 elantra transmission and gained top speed, but I lost acceleration.

I would like to undersize the present tires to Falken 195/60R14. I presently race with huge Potenza 205/65R15 tires.

It would help me if I was able to change the rev limiter to let's say 7000 RPM, even if I lose a few HPs and lb-ft.

If needed, I could swap the engine for another one, but I don't know much about what are my options.

Is there someone that could help me?

Thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Dave,
I also race a Hyundai on a short track and came here looking for help with no luck. I run a 03 elantra with a 2.0 on a 1/3 mile track in UNity Maine so power and timings gonna be a little different but I think your on track with the tire size thing. I struggled all year trying to get my car to keep up. I played with tires sizes tried 2nd gear tried 3rd gear.Was never able to get it right until last race of the season (go figure). I came up with some 195/50r15s and ran my car in 3rd last race. This turned my car into a whole new car I pulled on everything and kept right with the top cars. We had 4 25 lap races Halloween weekend 2 races going right and 2 races going left. It was crazy 30+ cars start of the first race then it was down to like 15 or so for the last race.. ended up finishing 5th,1st,7th and last race lost rf tire so ended up 11th. Colder weather prob helped as well but ill have a good start on next season. I know this prob was a little late for you but I figured I just randomly check this forum and see if by some far chance I had gotten a response. Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts