Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

The other day I removed the dash to retrieve the serial number of the radio, and today I put everything back together and now nothing works. when I open the door, the door open light on the dash is displayed but very faint, the security light on the radio and the car immobilizer all Flash.. but if I go to start the car or even use anything that requires power (ie. breaks, lights etc..) those lights stop flashing. Did I miss something when assembling it again ? I try starting the car but it has nothing, doesn't even have that clicking sound when I turn the ignition.
The battery itself was charged for a little bit and should of had enough charge to turn the engine over. I also checked the Fuses in the Fuse box near the battery which all seem fine. (not the ones under the dash).

Just wondering, is there any wiring around the dash area that could cause this ? I read that the hazzard/clock plugs have to go back in reverse order as you took them out... does it it matter if they don't ? I just plugged everything back in.

Also, when i did have the dash out (dismantled) everything worked fine, so I'm guessing something happened while putting it back together.

Car is:

1998 Hyundai Excel Sprint X3 - Manual

EDIT - Just went outside to have another look before pulling the battery out and onto the charger, and there was no power at all.. not even to the radio security/immobilizer.

·
Registered
492 Posts
maybe one of the plugs isnt put in all the way, or you left a ground or two off

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I only remember there being 3x plugs which I clipped back in before reinstalling everything. What's the ground wire and where bouts do i find it ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't think it is a Ground wire, think the battery was just dead. I put it on a charger for some charge and put it in the car and everything worked (except car starting). Does anyone know a site where I can do a search to find batteries from different companies that are compatable with my car?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Visit your local car parts store - they will have a listing of the various batteries that can be used in your car.

If you select one yourself, be mindfull of:
1)Size and dimentions
2)For an X2, the battery should have no less than 500 cca, and I wouldnt see a need to exceed 750 cca.
3) Pay attention to terminal location (front, top, rear side of battery) and which side/location is positive or negative.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts