Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I need some help and/or advice. I had Autozone pull the following error codes off of my 1998 Tiburon with an automatic transmission.
p1624
p0707
p0734
p0743

I decided to take it to a shop and after an $85 diagnosis fee they say I need a transmission overhaul for around $2500 -$3200. The codes hint that maybe it is just a bad tranny range sensor which could cause the others to throw...maybe???

Do I really need a new transmission or am I getting the run around? They also mentioned I have 2 bad motor mounts. Maybe I pulled a sensor loose by having the motor mounts go out? So they want $200 not including the hardware to install the new mounts. I looked online and most of the motormounts are $30 - $75 but the want to get them from the dealership who I know will jack up the cost....anyone know what OEM hyundai mounts are going for?

Where exactly are the pulse generator and transmission range sensors located? I googled and found no drawings or service diagrams.

Please help...

·
Registered
146 Posts
HMAService.com is your friend. Register there and spend a bit of time perusing the selection. Basically everything you want to know about your Tib is on that site.

Also, you might want to search this site for the code. Odds are people have had similar problems in the past.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I did search and saw the 707 issue but I couldn't find anything on pictures or diagrams of motor mounts or a howe to on the transmission range sensor / pulse generator?

Can anyone help me with that?

·
Registered
146 Posts
You might want to spend the $20 on a Haynes or Chilton's manual for the 96-00 Elantra. It's the same chassis as your Tib.

Seriously, though, go register athmaservice.com and take a look through the stuff that's on there. It'll answer most of your questions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.