Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I found a 1999 Hyundai Accent for only $500, pretty good deal i think, it runs and everything.

I have an engine from a 2000 Hyundai Tiburon, and still looking for a transmission.

Will it still bolt up the same like it would to my 2000 Accent?

Whats a cheap standalone that will work good, i'm going to be turboing this probably 14-16 psi?

Anything else i should know?

Ant, help me out on this :)

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
*bump* actually i found a shop that has 95-99 accent shells, engine and tranny already taken out, so all i need to do is just drop it in and fix that 1 mount. :-D

any ideas on ecu's? whats that one SMT-6, mafterburner, what else would you guys recommend.

the car is going to be completely gutted except for the drivers seat, all the sound deadening taken off. all the plastic panels and other stuffs. just need to find a place that wants to make me some custom axles, and i need to find 1 racing seat. this is gonna be my project car. :)

·
Registered
344 Posts
I sent an email, its been a while since I chked in here. Let me know how it goes and any help I can be. As far as management I had SDS but it ain't cheap. My up and coming around will be remapped ECU. That's if I make it to Turbo the thing.

:( I am in a tough decision time myself with my car due to a tentative overseas move.:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts