Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm giddy like a school girl. :p

Just bought my first Hyundai. 2008 Accent GL Sport 3dr. 5spd. With HP CAI, HP Mid Pipe and Axel Back Exhaust, strut tower brace, B&M short shift. 1 week to go and counting.

I though the first changes should performace wires and plugs (If they even make em for this model yet (bosch, MSD ???) At first oil change switch to high quality synthetic oil and add a K&N oil filter.

What are the top 1rst off mods you would do to this car.

I will be following all break in period rules BTW.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just Bought the four door GLS three weeks ago and love it. The only thing I've done is change to a K&N air filter and I'll be switching to AMSOIL at the nest oil change. I like mine just the way it is. Great mileage and got to love the AC.

Rob

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Changing plugs and wires on a brand new car is throwing money away. The OE ignition is pretty decent.

First thing I would do is drive the piss out of it to get used to it, find the faults, and go from there. I'd also probably change the radio to something with an HD-tuner built in (no idea if the stock unit has that) and that can play mp3's, and add a single 10" or 12" sub since thats what I've done with nearly all of my cars that end up being a daily driver.

Things that will likely want fixing: snow tires for OE wheels plus a second set of summer wheels and tires. At some point you'll want to lower it, at which point its time to replace the dampers and springs with something stiffer and lower.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts