Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im curious what all the 2.0 beta swap entails. im sitting on bout 2k, do i even have enough to do it?

·
Registered
481 Posts
yup. An engine sholud not run more then $150, wire harness and ECU $200 If you do it yourself labor cost is nothing. Are you going with the Accent tranny or tibby? If you ever plan on bossting this car I would go with the Tibby tranny and that should be another $150. So far that = $500 plus the cost of beer and sandwiches.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
also out of curiosity, am i gonna need to swap out the drive shafts and and all accesories or will the stock still fit, cause if thats the case ill just keep my stock tranny cause i just rebuilt it, haha ive had a bit of experience with rebuilding them XD
lol never go to the dealer to fix your tranny haha all they fixed was my passenger side seal when i needed 1&2 gear syncros fixed...hahah.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
read the article on HA.org
a few things left out. it sounds like the 1.6 dohc ecu works for the 2.0, is that right? the guy uses an engine from an 02 elantra, are the parts the same for an 03 tibby 2.0L ? cause i can find a lot more parts for the tibby 2.0 then the elantra 2.0. :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
wait, which transmissions do you rebuild? i need part numbers, or where to get the second gear syncros for a 1.6

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i repair the tranny's in the 1.6L
ive got a stage 3 clutch for my accent my other question was will it fit on the beta 2 cause id really not rather buy another performance clutch. thats 350 bucks less outa my pocket.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
i do not know about the 1.6 but when i swapped my 1.5, with the way i mounted my engine i did NOT have to use different drive shafts.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok so let me get this straight, on the beta 2 swap i can use my old tranny but not the cluch, not even if i use the 2.0 pressure plate. or is that all wrong...lol
but if i decide to go with the beta 2 tranny i can still use the oem drive shafts from the 1.6L?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
krazy mike, i get the tranny parts for the 1.6 tranny from a shop near where i live. they give it to me for wholsale...haha, go figure. i hooked them up before hand tho, i used to deliver pizza XD

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
does anyone know if im gonna have to swap out the driveshafts when i do the beta swap? if thats true will they fit without having to replace any other conponents?

·
Registered
237 Posts
does anyone know if im gonna have to swap out the driveshafts when i do the beta swap? if thats true will they fit without having to replace any other conponents?
If you are using the 1.6 transmission you don't need to change any parts in the driveline besides the clutch and flywheel. If you use the 2.0 Beta transmission you will need to use one of those axles or both Im'm not sure. I'm using the 1.5L transmission on my beta swap so I don't have to deal with that headache. I know it's only gonna be a suitable replacement for the tib or elantra axle as long as I stay N/A but if I o boost It'll need the beta tranny and axles for sure.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sweet, that answers my question. i think im just gonna go with my stock tranny, i think boost will come later...lol.
only other question i had was about the ecu. i read in the 2.0 beta swap thread in ha.org and the guy said you could use your oem ecu, meaning the one from the 1.5 or 1.6 ion the beata motor, is that true?

·
Registered
237 Posts
you have to use the 1.6 ecu with the swap unless you want to change out the entire wire harness. if you use the 1.6 ecu you just have to extend a few wires for sensors and then convert the maf sensor to a map sensor. (Again I don't know if the 1.6 is map or maf if it's map then all you have to do is extend the wires to reach the proper locations.)

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
The 1.6 is MAP based. I have done the conversion, Its very simple and straight forward. Swap a couple of wires and extend some as well for reach purposes.
The 1.5 will not work, it is for a MAF sohc motor.
You have to use the 1.6 ECU. Just pull out the 1.5 and pop the 1.6 in, re wire the maf to a map and extend a couple of wires and bam, you should be good to go.

·
Registered
127 Posts
something i was wondering is i have an 03 lc2 so would i just swap the motor as a direct plug n play for sensors and wiring harness? sence im using the 1.6 ecu and harness? cause all the swaps i've seen is about the 1.6 ecu and 1.5 harness

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I would think it to be the same, What we are doing with the 1.5 is converting it to a 1.6 harness. I see no reason why it would be a direct swap over. The only thing you will need is a clutch/flywheel and motor mount---- I think thats it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts