Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how much boost and or horsepower the 2.0L Beta can handle before crying uncle? How much easily? I've found varying figures between 200hp and 300+ boosted hp, as well as only 7 psi all the way up to 10+ psi on stock internals...I don't want to make brutal, wrath of God type power (my Elantra GT is only my daily driver). Just trying to find the safest range for the stock engine components.

·
Registered
457 Posts
In Korea, ususally about up to 250whp can be achieved without touching the internals.
Reaching over 300 needs better everything.

·
Registered
95 Posts
not for exactly sure but i would guess im hitting somwhere around 220-230 whp consevitively and running rich on 8lbs of boost. I can esily rape gst and gsx with 8lbs and have raced on stock gst running around 11-12 and a gsx running 15lbs and beat the gsx and the gst i pulled through 2nd and 3rd then he pulled back till 130mph. I would be warry of going any higher than 10lbs without some internal modification and timing pulled if you wanted to bullet proof a stock motor to run 12lbs i would suggest when you have the oil pan off you fabricate a oil squirting system for the botom of the pistons to keep them cool and use a rather large intercooler plus lots of timing pulled by the time you add up the time and price though you should just buy pistons for it.

[Edited by speedskate on Apr 18, 2003 5:41 AM]

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Hey Speedskate, can you send me an email cause I have some questions for you and your mail isn't going through. Send to [email protected] Thanks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool, thanks guys. Knowing how I went about my TSi AWD build up, I'd wind up replacing the stock internals anyways, hehe. Originally I planned on mild upgrades, but every time one thing was replaced, it opened the way to something else. ie: "Since I'm replacing the pistons, I might as well replace the rods, and since THOSE are coming off anyways, why not the crank, too?" hehe. 'Preciate the info.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Originally posted by 2 UNIQ
[body]
speedskate!
What Turbo kit you running in your car?
Also what mods do you have with your 8psi set-up ?
How long have you been running stock compression and internals at 8psi?

·
Registered
95 Posts
im runing a t25 with a eclipse manifold and intercooler holly 36lb an hr injectors with a 3:1 rising rate and safc its running a rich and i have to run 93 octane or timing gets pulled and i notice a power decrease. my next purchase is a msd ignition with timing retard capabilities and then pistons for a motor build up. I have run some pretty good times my best so far is a 14.63 on 8lbs of boost with some drag radials on street tires the best i have done is a 14.8016 so far everything is working great and has been running for 3-4 weeks on a motor with 12000 miles and a manual trany swap hydrolocked my last motor and had a auto.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a post running with just about the same question posted. I run 13 PSI on my Beta 1 w/ stock bottom end. I found some people running 15PSI successfully. I am going to up my boost pressure this summer, to 1 ATM (15 +/-) PSI. I think it will take it. I do run non-ethanol 93 octane.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts