Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have A Technical Question For Anyone Who May Know This, I Am A Newb To This Site And Hyundai Engineering, However I Am Not A Newb To The Automotive Industry. I Have An 03 Tib 2.0l 5spd, I Have Owned This Car Since It Was Brand New, And Now Since Its Out Of Factory Warranty And Its Due For A Timing Belt, I Want To Put On An Adjustable Cam Gear, So Does Anyone Know How Many Degree's I Can Safely Retard My Cam Timing For A Little Extra Horse Power? The Motor Is All Stock. (for The Time Being) And Would Anyone Suggest Getting The Adjustable Intake Cam Sprocket As Well? If So Does One Know How Far I Can Retard The Cam Timing On That?

Thanks.
I'll Have Many More Tech Questions Coming Soon. :)

·
Registered
237 Posts
I Have A Technical Question For Anyone Who May Know This, I Am A Newb To This Site And Hyundai Engineering, However I Am Not A Newb To The Automotive Industry. I Have An 03 Tib 2.0l 5spd, I Have Owned This Car Since It Was Brand New, And Now Since Its Out Of Factory Warranty And Its Due For A Timing Belt, I Want To Put On An Adjustable Cam Gear, So Does Anyone Know How Many Degree's I Can Safely Retard My Cam Timing For A Little Extra Horse Power? The Motor Is All Stock. (for The Time Being) And Would Anyone Suggest Getting The Adjustable Intake Cam Sprocket As Well? If So Does One Know How Far I Can Retard The Cam Timing On That?

Thanks.
I'll Have Many More Tech Questions Coming Soon. :)
If it's a non CVVT motor (map based) I would go 7 degrees retarded. If it is a CVVT motor (MAF Based) Don't bother wasting you money because the CVVT will try and compensate for the retardedness and be all outta whack.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts