Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

2.4 swap

8K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  Jed118 
#1 ·
Has anyone done a 2.4 swap i blew my 1.6 motor and i got a 2.4 for free

#3 ·
i havent heard of anyone doing it yet but really only things that would stop you would be mounts,axles, harness/ecu

i'm sure physically it would fit, you just have to worry about the usual stuff. you should pioneer it if you got the engine for free. that means even if you spend 800-1000 getting it in your still doing pretty good.

#4 ·
Like these guys said, I would imagine it's the same as any swap. Take the motor & tranny put it on a jack slide it under car and mark your mounting points. Then the real fun starts. I would like to do that swap, i just can't have my car down for enough time to do it.

#7 ·
^^^Whooda thunk that would do it?

Wow. But yeah, which 2.4?

#9 ·
attist178 said:
^^^Whooda thunk that would do it?
love the sarcasm there!

but yeah never heard of a 2.4 swap on an accent.

#10 ·
If it's the Theta 2.4 out of the NF Sonata then it's a good motor but nobody knows how easy or difficult it will be to swap. If it's the Sirius 2.4l out of the older Sonata and some other vehicles it's closer to the Beta swap but doesn't put out much more than a 2.0l Beta.

#11 ·
you would get some nice torque though

#13 ·
Why the heck would you ask a tech to turn your turbo up to 25 psi without the motor being fully built, anyway?

#16 ·
^^^ this is very true, if you have time, money and skill or two thirds of this then you can put pretty much anything in. within reason of course

#17 ·
It puts out way more torque even in SOHC format....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.