Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a strange sound (I have to turn the radio off to hear it) normally when the trans is cold from 20-30mph any gear. Only when the clutch is engauged. No vibrations, no poping during turning, nothing else crazy. It has enough fluid and its GL4. Any ideas? Something tells me if I go to the dealer at this point they will say its because of the way I drive. I drove my accent harder in all reality and didn't kill that trans.. ok second gears syncro was toast. Other info. Still on stock clutch ( I have an ACT unit standing by) and its not slipping. Could this be TOB noise? I doubt it because that has to be on the output side. This could really end up sucking. The other idea I had was speedo gearing noise but it stops when I push the clutch pedal in.... :ermm:

ok this has nothing to do with a hyundai but could the clutch itself be having issues.. the problem sounds alot like mine but make it 2000rpms.
http://dodgeram.info/tsb/1994/06-01-94.htm

[Edited by WytchDctr on Feb 6, 2006 3:06 PM]

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I think that is the same thing that mine is doing...not all the time, but it is there. I think it is the clutch as it does not do it UNLESS the clutch is engaged and I Am driving...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts