Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm getting rid of the Accent one way or another. I figure I'll just see what way of getting rid of it gets me the most money. My Accent is a 2000, 5 speed, 2 door obviously. The car runs excellent and drives great. Unfortunately after getting into an accident a few weeks back it's in need of a new passenger side lower control arm, and a new passenger side fender. The drivers side fender can still be saved, just has to be bolted back to the body on the bottom. The check engine light is on as well, due to a bad cat. I'm looking at getting $400 obo for the car. Anyone interested let me know. Here are some before and after pics of the car.

http://www.mikekemper.com/ul/files/Baiocco/Picture 287.jpg

[Edited by Red_AGT on Oct 12, 2005 4:12 AM]

[Edited by Baiocco on Oct 19, 2005 6:14 AM]

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
You're killing me. I'm so close to you, and I've been itching to do a beta swap on one of these.
I asked my girlfriend, but I got the words "Honey, can I buy a..." and she said no.

Someone, please buy this car quickly. If not for Baiocco, for me. :(:(

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
how many miles on it?

and damn you for not wanting to sell it until 3 weeks after i wrecked mine and have already sold everything that will fit on it :evil::evil:;): jk.

let me figure out if steph will like it and if so its road trip time :bandit: ill let you know in a few hours probably. if i have enough gas money and everything lol. was the rim bent, or just the tire flat being the reason the donut is on there? nonetheless i still have all 4 stock 13" rims with good tires so no big deal.

**EDIT**

where exactly in IL are you? chicago?

does it have power steering or AC?

[Edited by beppomarx on Oct 9, 2005 2:47 PM]

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Interested as well. Is it still driveable?

How many miles on the clutch and on the rotors?

[Edited by Tugger5000 on Oct 9, 2005 3:29 PM]

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
im about 99.9% sure i will take it. how far (if at all) are you willing to drive it for pickup? im probably going to have to arrange for a hotel or something for a night because we got the baby and all. are you selling it asap?

·
Registered
182 Posts
What are you doing with the rims I sold you?
I might buy them back if you aeren't using them.

[Edited by Accented_illusions on Oct 10, 2005 9:54 AM]

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Jesus for $400 I'm interested as well, if I can get this damn truck running reliable like.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry it took so long to respond to my thread, I was busy recording songs at the recording studio this morning.;):. But here's the answers to the questions
Mileage 175,000 miles
Yes I'm near CHicago, approximately 20 miles or so west, or 5 miles from O'Hare airport. I live in Itasca.
The Accent has power steering and AC that works very well.
Yes the car's driveable but it does need a new control arm which makes it overall just more unsafe to drive. But to answer the question it runs excellent and drives decent.
I'm unsure about the mileage on the clutch or rotors. I have checked the brakes and they are probably around half life or so. CLutch could be original, but at an average of 40k a year, I'm sure it was mainly highway driven. Clutch feels great.

Beppomarx-if you are truly interested in the car I'd feel a lot safer with your child not riding in it on the way back till the control arm gets taken car of. Also if you really want it your family is more than welcome to drive here to chicago, save your money from a hotel, and you guys can stay at Breezy and my house for a night. This is just an option. I'd like to be able to meet at some point but lately I've been working 7 days a week, 68 hours a week. Yes I'd like to sell it asap to make room for my S10 I'll be getting this week. Let me know if you have any questions.

Dickhead- i want to let you know my Accent probably isn't a step up from yours. Just being honest. The car has two dented fenders. Neither require replacing, but they sure dont make it look any better. ALso the car needs a lower control arm. THis is the main problem. But regardless I got your email, and will respond to you there.

Accented Illusions- Sorry to say but the whole reason my car got fvcked up in the first place is because I put those rims on and I used the wrong lugs. Remember I bought the tires from you on a Saturday? Well the very next day is when the $hit went wrong. I had those rims on the Accent a total of 12 hours before I had to remove them. Sucks doesn't it? But if you want them I still got them. One of the rims is now more scraped up, but could probably be sanded and repainted. If you come to me and get them you can have them back for less than I paid you for them. I probably will never use them again, and would've saved myself so much hassle if I hadn't even wanted new rims. :depressed:

Well I hope somebody wants this car. It aint a bad car, but now needs the control arm replaced, and new fenders if you want it to look great. If looks aren't important then the control arm is the main problem. Like I said it has working AC, power steering, rear defrost, fog lights. And it also has a full tank of gas!!!! Can you go wrong with that?;):

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
are you kidding? with the price of gas i would probably replace the control arm and get an alignment before attempting a 700 mile drive lol. but yeah little dudes safety is a big concern too, dont think it was JUST for the gas mileage ;) if i could do it there i am sure it would only take an hour at most, i just replaced one on the scoupe a few days ago. if not ill find a parking lot somewhere hehehe. i appreciate the offer to stay there too thats a big help. i will let you know by tomorrow and if its a go, ill be by this weekend.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Beppomarx, well you guys are most certainly welcome to stay a night, and you can use my driveway to do the control arm if need be. Let me know one way or another as I really want to sell it to the first person who seriously is going to buy it. I can see paying $400 for it and fixing it to drive daily, but I paid $1000 for the car this year and really can't afford to fix it completely. If you'd like to see more pics let me know.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I AM interested in this car.

Baiocco, you know I am in the chicago area as well.

400 is a good price.

But It looks like someone has dibs on it.

I will offer my Garage with all the tools needed to do the job (all except a lift) at no charge. (north of chicago, but still IL)

If you part it out I need the Headlights - Taillights - visors - back seat - inner door panels - wiper motor - and a few moulding pieces.

probably get the whole damn car but....

Good luck

·
Registered
182 Posts
I am sorry to hear that they caused you so much trouble. What did U use for lugs, cause I used my factory's and I never had a lick of problems. I would be willing to come and buy them back from you if you do want to sell them. Just let me know on a price and we can talk from there.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
meee2yo- if nobody is going to take it soon, it's yours if you want it. I am getting my s10 in a couple days and have only two parking spaces. Let me know if you want to see it.

accented illusions- do you want to come here and get them and pay $100 for them back?

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
i told you that i would have an answer by today. go ahead and sell it to the next in line. i really want the car but its gonna be for stephanie an (what a surprise) its another car thats just not good enough for her highness. if its not good enough then i guess she goes without a car for a little while longer.

sorry to hold up the sale but i am glad that other people are interested.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Baiocco - How quickly were you looking to get rid of it? I'm thinkin 2nd or 3rd week in Nov. would be the soonest I could pick it up (probably fly in to Ohare, do you think you could drive car to airport for me)?

Also, when is the next timing belt change due?

I need to do a definitive budget, but I will have a definite answer on yeay or nay by tomorrow.

[Edited by Tugger5000 on Oct 11, 2005 12:24 PM]

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Originally posted by dickhead
[body]
You know I was willing to come get the car asap, have 400 cash and backed off cause I was second in line. Now I am first I think and you didn't offer me even a chance at it? Whats up with that?
If I am still in line then I am very interested. let me know whats up?

Dickhead
[/body]
How do you figure? I posted after beppomarx...

Originally posted by Tugger5000
[body]
Interested as well. Is it still driveable?

How many miles on the clutch and on the rotors?

[Edited by Tugger5000 on Oct 9, 2005 3:29 PM]
[/body]

1 - 20 of 46 Posts