Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All, I'm new here so hope fully you can help:

I have a 2000 Accent GL with CEL problem that I can't get rid of. Here is what I've done so far.

Problem: code P0302 - cyln 2 misfire
symptom: rough idle but car drives really well. Engine light flashes at idle and goes solid while driving.

Troubleshooting:
-replaced plugs (NGK) (twice), wires (NGK) (twice), ignition coil, air filter, oil/filter, fuel filter.
-Cleaned out the throttle body, PVC and MAF with CRC break cleaner.
-Reset ECU (disconnect - cable, foot on break) Also used ODB scanner.

Still the same problem.

Just hooked up the OBD scanner again and got misfire clyn 2 and noticed Fuel System - Open Loop fault" reading. The CEL flashes but when you raise the idle, it goes solid and the "open loop fault" changes to "closed loop".

Any idea what is Open loop fault at idle means and what is causing this? what should I check/replace? Please advise.:confused:

Thank you!

Please help! I need get the emissions passed so I can get new tags! Any recommendation is appreciated!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hmm seems like you've covered everything. even resetting the ECU properly. What about a bad O2 sensor?
This is a long shot but could happen.
Does your exhaust smell like eggs could be a bad CAT.
what about fuel injectors?
Headgasket cracked causing bad compression. or pistons need to be realined.
good luck man thats a good one!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
-No rotten egg smell.

-I have moved the injectors around and the same problem.

-O2 sensor readings seem to be in spec per hmaservice instructions but I can change it and see if it makes a difference.

-Head gasket was replaced last year by the perviouse owner. There no sign of smoke, anti freez in oil.

·
Registered
183 Posts
you would have to get a shop to do that for you. Fairly big job. But it's a long shot that it could be it. I'm all out of suggestions. Bring it to a shop. someone else on here has got to know the resolution though.

·
Registered
71 Posts
if you have an open loop problem then its to do with the O2 sensors and the CAT sounds like the rear sensor after the CAT isnt working, i had this problem when i DECATTED mine as the sensors detected that no CAT was there so it might be your CAT but try the sensor first.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have gotten a p0135 code in the but I have been unable find a cause for this. this code des not come up anymore. I'll replace the 02 and see if anything changes. thanks.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I dont have a cat on my car and i dont have that issue. My CeL is on but whos to say that its the cat or my boost...eitehr way I dont thing thats it....sounds wierd though.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Do you have bad throttle response at times? does it only misfire when it's cold? If yes, check your MAF/MAP

·
Registered
88 Posts
narif12 said:
no it happens all the time. only misfires on #2 at idle.
what about the throttle response? Seriously.. a bad map can cause hella problems. as can a MAF as i found out the hard way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts