Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2000 Elantra S/W I have a consistant vibration under aceleration only between 45 and 65 mph. If you back off the gas pedal it goes away imeadiately. There are no noises coming from the drive train and visually the drivesfafts cv's and wheel bearings have no play and the boots are not torn. I just put new tires on about a month ago and they were running smooth and noise free. The car has 98,000 miles on it of everyday average driving. I'm thinking posible motor mounts are worn out any suggestions would be greatly wellcomed. Thanks Yogi

·
Registered
621 Posts
you might be onto something with the engine mounts. most likely cause of problem, can you see visible wear?

you could try a engine dampner kit, similar to what is available to drift cars like S13's and R33's. it's pretty much a fancy shock asorber mounted on a suspension tower and bolted to your engine block. the shock reduces engine movement in cornering and acceleration.

or just replace your mounts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CV's are quiet turning and acelerating. I think the roll stopper motor mounts are worn out. Yogi

1 - 4 of 4 Posts