Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered from hp a couple weeks ago.. installed my magnecor wires and ngk plugs tonight.. My elantra idles much better now..I laughed out loud at the first red light i stopped at.. much better. Also it seems to have improved the random jump I was getting at times, but its only the first night so I dont know for sure. They look cool too, it was tough getting the cap back on though cuz those wires are fat/phat. Good stuff

My aem CAI should arrive any day now. Im looking forward to installing that.. hopefully its not too difficult.. it seems to be a challenge install for my car- 2000 elantra auto.. anyway, just thought id post my positive experience. pace :pirate:

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
"Chuckles" Excellent..I'm glad you're enjoying customizing your J2,

alll you gotta do now is post pic's and include your car in your profile,;):

·
Registered
107 Posts
ya know, just for a little advice, most people leave that cover off rather than putting it back on. Looks nicer (more color shows) and you might damage the over sized wires tightening the cover down

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ill take pics after i put the CAI on...

hey about the cover.. i like the idea about leaving it open but it looks like they would flair around.. they dont really fit securely in the half clamp things... what should i do to secure them if i keep the cover off??? or nothing?

after a while driving with the new wires, im very happy with them.. it has changed the consistent rate of power my car has.. very nice

[Edited by ludikruz on Oct 2, 2004 11:44 AM]

·
Registered
145 Posts
The cover is made of plastic and it should be easy to just make the wire holes a little bigger. As hyundaispeeder said, you may damage the wires by squeezing them down. Depending on how much they are tightened, you may damage/weaken the insulation, which could lead to misfire:dead: or you could even upset the smooth current flow to ur NGK's.

·
Registered
107 Posts
also about keeping your wires from flying all around, you can go down to your local kragen or auto zone or wut evers around and they should have little holders for the wires, they look like the things girls put in between there toes when they are painting them, there like spacers but they keep em all together.

·
Registered
107 Posts
also about keeping your wires from flying all around, you can go down to your local kragen or auto zone or wut evers around and they should have little holders for the wires, they look like the things girls put in between there toes when they are painting them, there like spacers but they keep em all together.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts