Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The engine in my 2000 Accent blew. I've been considering a beta swap but I want air conditioning and my wife just agreed to a mazdaspeed3. I need something to get to work now, not a toy :(

I can get a 1.6L dohc engine w/ 13k miles out of a 2005 elantra. Will I need new mounts? And does this engine take the same wiring as I've already got?

If it gets too complicated I'll just look for a refurbed 1.5L.

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
IIRC, the 1.5 and 1.6 headers do not match up, so you'll need a new one of those.

Just get a 1.5 and throw it in there.

Or if you're gonna redo the wiring and headers anyways, get a 2.0 for $350-500, fab a motor mount, reuse your 1.5 axle, and throw it in.:D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright, I can get a 13k 2.0L motor from a 2004 Hyundai Elantra someone ran into at pick-n-pull for $450. While I'm pulling that out I should get a clutch, flywheel, and the wiring harness, right? I can get a motor mount from that Ryan Olson's site and then bolt the 2.0L directly onto the stock axle? The stock axle will handle the power? Thanks again

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I'm using the 1.5 axles for my swap, I'm pretty sure they will hold. But MAKE SURE you get that wiring harness, especially for an 04. Without it, you're screwed. I didn't get one right away and none of the junkyards had anything as new as an 05. Make sure you grab the ECU and fuse boxes while you're at it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts