Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! I'm doing my clutch job the first time, everything is going smoothly. I've successfully seperated the engine and transmission. I have had the flywheel resurfaced, changed the rear main seal, torqued down the resurfaced flywheel. I swapped the old throwout bearing for a new one. I'm concerned about proceeding from here as there is a 0.4 cm or so gap between the arms of the throw out bearing and the clutch forearms. The assembly still moves back and forth alone the greased shaft however if you hyperextend the assembly the throw out bearing can partly dislodge onto the spline of the transmission. Please note I have I have not yet reinstalled the clutch or pressure plate. The Haynes book I bought for my model car provides information for an earlier make of car for the throwout bearing. All the YouTube videos I have watched ans articles I have read have been unable to help me. I am at my wit's end as I don't want to disassemble the car if the throwout bearing isn't put on properly. Any information you can provide or resources you recommend I would really appreciate.

My question I guess is: Is there meant to be a gap between the clutch fork and arms of the throwout bearing, or did I drop some clips or springs inadvertently and not notice

1 - 1 of 1 Posts