Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Hyundai Performance Members,

I realize that you probably have better things to do than to answer questions from someone who is undoubtedly a "newbie", but here goes...

I've been reading the posts on this forum regarding converting the stock rear drum brakes on the Accent (I own a 2001 Brio, Accent in Puerto Rico) to disc brakes. I've read all the way back to 2005, and I must say, there are quite a few suggestions. Some seem too easy; some too complicated: whether they are bolt-on, fabricated, pure Hyundai or an amalgam of different makes.

Needless it is to say... I'm confused. I really don't even know which type of Accent mine is -- LC, LC2, or some other code.

From what I have read, several of you are apparently quite knowledgeable, having done this very same thing to your cars at some time or another. With this experience, in your opinion, if you were to make the conversion now, how would you go about it?

I'll admit that I copied some of the posts (including the shopping lists) but, like I stated earlier... I'm confused.

I'm basically looking for a conversion that uses readily-available parts (no machining) and is simple to install using common tools. I'm physically handicapped and not too mechanically inclined.

Can anyone help me?

Contact me through this forum or directly through e-mail. My address is [email protected].

Thank you for taking the time to read this far.

Sincerely,

Eric

·
Registered
502 Posts
2000-2002 = LC

2003-2006 = LC2

LC and LC2 internals are all the same only difference is the boddy and lights.

as for everything els I could only just agree because Im kindof confused about that too thats why I decided to stay with drums.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
2001 Accent Rear Brake Conversion

Dear MetalShark,

Thank you for the clarification of my Accent. LC, you say? Now I can go into the Forums and see what applies and what does not.

As for the brake conversion, you probably have the right idea in staying with drums. I have spoken with other Forum contributors and they agree that the stock brake system, albeit upgraded with high quality pads and drilled/slotted rotors, would more than suffice in providing improved stopping power.

I am still unconvinced with regards to the conversion but, unless someone who has done it with success tells me otherwise, I will go the upgraded stock brake route.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts