Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:i was wondering if there is anyone out there that has information on what i should about my problems i am having with my 2001 Beta. i a running the SAFC Neo and i have had it tuned twice with the same results... when my car is about to get into boost the car responses as if you took your foot of the gas pedel. like i said if anyone has had this problem let me know what i should do, thanks:confused:

·
Registered
686 Posts
the neo probably isnt able to control that big of injectors, u may have to get an emanage.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what if i just use smaller injectors... say the stock ones? (290cc)

·
Registered
194 Posts
i have similiar issues i have logged the wideband o2 and the maf voltage and what is happening is the stock maf is being pegged at about 3 -5 psi and your injectors are giving all the i was gettina rich spike and then a lean spike and it would cuase this effect until the rrfpr and the fifth injector would kick in it would almost choke off and then go fine but almost always this happend and to this day i still have this problem
going megasquirt soon hopefully if Kfx comes though.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have similiar issues i have logged the wideband o2 and the maf voltage and what is happening is the stock maf is being pegged at about 3 -5 psi and your injectors are giving all the i was gettina rich spike and then a lean spike and it would cuase this effect until the rrfpr and the fifth injector would kick in it would almost choke off and then go fine but almost always this happend and to this day i still have this problem
going megasquirt soon hopefully if Kfx comes though.
ok i bought a "Turbo MAF" sensor from Shark racing but i have not installed it yet. Shark Racing says that my stock MAF sensor can not support the air coming in and counter it with the fuel i need. i am hoping that this will solve my problem, because my car is doing exactly what your car is (talking about the rich/lean spike). Oh yeah what exactly is "UNICHIP"???

·
Registered
435 Posts
dude u might need a bigger maf sensors.... like a mustang maf. a larger maf will read a differant voltage so your ecu wont see as much air

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dude u might need a bigger maf sensors.... like a mustang maf. a larger maf will read a differant voltage so your ecu wont see as much air
you know what man if that is the case the MAF sensor i bought from Shark Racing should do the trick... reason being is i talked a little to them before i bought the upgraded MAF sensor and they compared it to the Mustang one word-for-word and they said it will compensate for the large amount of air coming in... make since???

·
Registered
5 Posts
ive never heard of a larger available aftermarket maf. maybe for the v6 guys.:confused:

u can get a larger diameter maf with the same bosch sensor out of a 1994-1995 Saab 900 S V6 (2.3L)

^tibbychics pic^
but nobody has tested this with a wideband so who knows what the afr will be with that... (maybe someone with a piggyback/wideband thats N/A could swap and see what AFR this would run on a stock map?:rolleyes:)
could be a cheap upgrade for like 10hp throughout the rpm range who knows

i think u would max ur injectors before ur maf tho...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts