Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i parked my 2001 hyundai tiburon on the street and went inside. Two minutes later i got back into it and went to start and got nothing. no power or anything. so i tried to jump it and all i got was the cars flashers were going off (without me pressing them) and the headlights worked also. other than that it wont even turn over or attempt to start at all. is there any suggestions or has anyone had this problem?

·
Registered
9 Posts
hey guys i parked my 2001 hyundai tiburon on the street and went inside. Two minutes later i got back into it and went to start and got nothing. no power or anything. so i tried to jump it and all i got was the cars flashers were going off (without me pressing them) and the headlights worked also. other than that it wont even turn over or attempt to start at all. is there any suggestions or has anyone had this problem?
make sure battery is ok. use multimeter to check the voltage. see if it's around 12v. if not, either battery or/and alternater might have gone bad, check it and replace it.

but since you said no power, above senario seems very probable.

if battery is ok, and

if the car doesn't crank, starter motor might have gone bad, check the connection.
i don't see anything in' between battery and starter motor in the circuit diagram for 01 tiburon so there shouldn't be any other issue.

if there is cranking sound, may be some fuses went out.
or fuel line fail, spark plug line fail.

get a OBD-II Scanner and scan the car for the error diagnostic code. =)

hope you fix you car fast!

·
Registered
252 Posts
I had a faulty crank shaft position sensor that caused starting problems. Eash DIY fix. ran fine afterwards

1 - 4 of 4 Posts