Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. I just switched from a Honda to a 2001 XG300L.

I guess I just wanted to figure out what everyone thinks of this car. I love it so far. Very nice for the price.

I did notice some of these XH's with body kits and all. Where do you order these. I'm the 3rd owner of the car so I don't think I can even get the 100k warranty.

I'd also like to know how to change the fog light bulbs out. They seem to be a pain to get to.

Well, sorry for the newb questions just wanting to see what input everyone has.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi.. I have the same car ,, it is very good.

to change the fog lamp,,very easy.
1 - open the hood
2- take the headlamps out with the very easy 3 bolt for each headlamps.
3- disconnect the cables of the headlamps.
4 - look in the bump,,you can see the fog lamps.
5- if you wana take it off..then just disconnect the cable and use a scrowdriver+ to loosen the bolts and then push it out side the bumper.

Any more questions?
send me.... thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
whoa. take the headlight out? Will I have to do a realignment again?

If that's the case, I'd better get some long lasting fog lights. any suggestions? Thanks for the very helpful reply.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey do0d i just replaced my fog lights on my 2002 XG350L and I did get my monies worth...anyways the headlights come out easy, just disconnect the plug and it'll be a snap....BUUUT, there is ONE thing, when your puttin the blubs for the fog lights back it, it can be a bitch, cause you have to mess around with it, I found it easier to drive the car onto a ramp, climb underneath the car, and do it that way, NOT MUCH ROOM, but it was easier, cause on the first fog light, I lost circulation to my hands...anyways, you said something about a bodykit??? I'm interested in fixing my car up as well...any ideas????

·
Registered
3 Posts
hee.....Don't be afraid of headlamps allignment.. it will not change,,

But,I do not know why our friends face a problem with that...itis easier for me to do it in this way( with taking headlamps out).. Anyway, you will decide which is better for you and try ...

Please If I can help you with anything else regarding our CARS, send me.... I will be happy to serve..

Thanks and wish you the best.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just found out that I have a P/S leak in b/c I have to keep adding fluid. I talked to Hyundai and its still under warranty (I'm at 59.6k miles) but I'm cutting it close.

I also noticed a shudder when shifting from 3-4 in the 2000-3000 rpm range. Anyone else experience this?

The dealer said there were no codes but I odn't think they test drove it to find out. You can really feel a shudder on the shift...its almost like the clutch is chirpin on the fly wheel or something.

·
Registered
21 Posts
We have the same problem. I'm guessing it has to do with the Fuzzy logic tranny. I believe it gets used to ones driving habits. Someone told me to remove the battery cable and it will go away. This did not work.
Believe it or not when I drive my wifes car it starts shifting horrilby. I've even had it die on the highway when trying to pass. I pulled over and tried to start off and the tranny was really screwed up and didn't want to shift. After five attempts, it finally went back to normal. I took it into the dealer and they said it was the TPS which was in series with the LSD???? That was the B.S. they gave me. When my wife drives the car it is fine. I like to give it a little juice when I'm driving it but not anymore, last week I drove it and the tranny was shifting soo hard that I thought it was going to bust. It was like there was a shift kit in there.
Good luck man, I absolutely love this car but I don't think I'll be purchasing another.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
here's a way to replace the fog light's without replacing the headlight's

1:Raise The car with a Jack
2:Loosen the front plastic undertray's where the fog light's are
3:get a short stubbed screwdriver and loosen the 2 Aluminum Screw's
4:Disconnect the Power Connector
5:After The Screw's are out and the connector out, Give it a hard push, The fog light should slide out of the bumper
6:Open the dust cap and pull out the old bulb and put the new one in "if you're replacing this with a 100Watt Bulb,You're gonna have do a simple cutting with Wire cutter's
The bulb Plate might have a notch sticking out,Cut the notch so the plate is looking like a circle,and reinstall on the bulb
"This applie's to Sylvania 100Watt H3's

1 - 8 of 8 Posts