Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
Im a long time hyundai driver, first time poster on here.
Brief history, owned a 98 Excel for 5 years, and missus has the 02 Santa Fe.
Im PRETTY sure its the glx. But definately the 4 cyl manual. My missus bought the Fe new in APR 02, and it has never let her down, it has just clocked over 100'000km so a MAJOR service is in order. I have a couple of questions that some light on would be great. They are -
1) When accelerating, especially in 2nd, it feels like it is losing power, sort of a subtle jerk, bit doughy, but gets up to speed eventually, to me it feels like there is air in the fuel, or a miss fire at the exact same time every time or something along those lines. Does not make any noise out of the ordinary or anything like that. My 2 closest dealers claim there is "nothing wrong with it".

2)When the Fe was first purchased, it used to get approx 5-600km per tank, now, it is only getting 350-370km MAX per tank. Ive run injector cleaner through it, no difference, ive run octane booster through it, (separate to the inj cleaner, 3 tanks apart too), nothing. New air filter. Nothing. I was thinking along the lines of a new set of injectors, fuel filter, new plugs and leads. Has anyone else here experienced excessive fuel consuption as the Fe has aged? The fe has been serviced at correct service intervals by Hyundai until warranty ran out in APR08.

Think that will do for this post, but if anyone can shed some light on these problems, that would be great.

Cheers

Shane

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So everyone has the best fuel economy STILL and no power loss? Im the only one to ever experience owning a Santa Fe by the looks of things.
Cheers!

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello i have an 02 santa fe and it has 85,000 on it it looses umph as well now i also am having lifter problems in the engine but herb chambers my dealer doesnt want to help me yet we have a 10 year 100,000 mile drivetrain warrenty so ive been having major problems with mine too..

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you haven't done the usual tuneup stuff, starting with new spark plugs and cables, I'd think it's the best place to start. From there, go to basic preventive maintenance items, like air filter, fuel filter, and oil and filter change (if it's been a while).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Water pipes???

You're talking about importing drug paraphernalia, or items that could be called such. Do yourself a favor: DON'T!

And why did you post in this thread??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts