Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and don't say - put the key in the ignition :)

K, I have a nice shiny black Tib, I want to start modding it, but where on earth should I start ?

At this point, I'm looking at a short shifter, RPW extractors, a modded ECU, and perhaps a cold air intake. Does this sound feasible without any engine or suspension modifications ?

Of course, the granddaddy, is once supercharging comes into it, that right now is out of my reach.

Any suggestions would be more than welcome.

Cheers

DrCortex

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
i'd go with the intake first. it's the easiest to do and there's really no reason why you shouldn't do it. I'd personally wait on the ECU, because in the states, our ECUs tend to reset themselves and on top of that, to get the most out of a reset ECU, you'd have to reset it everytime you add something to the engine ofr maximum benefit, so i'd save that until later.

as soon as you read this, start looking for intakes!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ecu

Hi Again,

Thanks for that info. I'll see what I can find on the RPW website. As for the ECU, I was looking at the Haltech Interceptor, which is a piggyback unit. Expensive at around $800 AU, but the beauty is that it is fully programmable, and can simply be remapped, depening on what you are adding, including superchargeing. As well, easily installed and removed, without interfering with the stock ECU.

Cheers

DrCortex

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Haven't heard of that product but I really don't know much about altering the ECU, I haven't done anything performance wise that the stock ECU hasn't been able to adapt to, but if you are looking at going s/c then it sounds like a good buy.

I'd also consider upgrading the suspension. sure you don't notice it in the straights but some strut bars and coilovers make it feel as if you're driving an entirely different car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Suspension

Yes,

New suspension is a definite go. Theres a horrible amount of torque drift already, so with the mods going on, it will only get worse.

I'd like to lower the front end another two inches, so some new springs would be a good start, and perhaps some tramp rods.

cheers

Lance

·
Registered
621 Posts
your on the right track with the mods there.
suspension is a biggie, it's one of the mods that you can immediatly "feel"

go with some enlarged swaybars and strut braces, they are reasonably cheap. same with a K&N filter to replace the OEM one.

with the ECU, since you are in sydney how about getting it remapped to suit your mods? SAS do it i believe and it would be cheaper than the haltech, as you have to pay more $$ for install and tuning where the remap for the factory unit is true plug & play.
don't write off the factory unit, they are very clever units. PSC had a yellow tib that had a factory unit that was remapped and it ran a turbo, with boost contol, launch control etc all on the factory unit. it's just a matter of unlocking the right sections.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts