Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I've got an '05 Tiburon (that I love to death) and my clutch is going out on me. Due to money issues my mods have been put on hold but there is no way in hell I'm going to stick another dinky factory clutch into my car.

My first question: Can anyone recommend an affordable performance clutch/flywheel kit that is going to blow me away?

Second question: Where in the hell can I find a Haynes manual on my car? I looked a while back and saw that they didn't carry one, does anyone know of something equivalent that would be just as helpful?

I really appreciate all of the help I can get. Thanks in advance.

-James

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
I usually get the factory manuals. Much better than Haynes or Chilton.

Going price for most Stage 1 clutches is about $350. Flywheels are about $400.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where could I go about getting the factory manual for it? I've been looking around Hyundai Service Website (I registered and have been skimming through it) but I can't find a simple "Oh, you need to replace your clutch? This is how." Again, it's the 2005 Hyundai Tiburon, 2.0L DOHC, 5 Speed.

Also, what does everyone think about this? F1 RACING STAGE 3 CLUTCH KIT+FLYWHEEL 00-05 TIBURON 2.0 Will this fit my car? Is this F1 Racing Stage 3 Clutch and Flywheel something that is a proven dependable item? I don't want to buy this and then have it not work with my car.

Thanks again for all the help, sorry I'm such a n00b with all this. With my Civic it was a breeze cause I was constantly doing things to them, but since I've upgraded I haven't had the money to drop into my Shark and get extremely familiar with it.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
Where could I go about getting the factory manual for it? I've been looking around Hyundai Service Website (I registered and have been skimming through it) but I can't find a simple "Oh, you need to replace your clutch? This is how." Again, it's the 2005 Hyundai Tiburon, 2.0L DOHC, 5 Speed.

Also, what does everyone think about this? F1 RACING STAGE 3 CLUTCH KIT+FLYWHEEL 00-05 TIBURON 2.0 Will this fit my car? Is this F1 Racing Stage 3 Clutch and Flywheel something that is a proven dependable item? I don't want to buy this and then have it not work with my car.
This place has the manuals:

Factory Service Manual: Hyundai Repair Manual

There's 3 books... Electronic Troubleshooting, Service Manual Volume 1 and Service Manual Volume 2. Total cost is $230.

You could try Torrents, but I won't post any links.

I wouldn't trust any unknown brand items on eBay. I've never heard of F1 Racing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts