* GLS 4-Door with 5-speed manual -- $12,995 (freight included)*
* GLS 4-Door with 4-speed automatic -- $13,845 (freight included)*
* Premium Sport Package -- $1,500
* Air Conditioning -- $800

Sorry if it's a repost...

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
i just pdi'd a blue 4 door 06 accent today... has the same motor as the 03-05 just a huge cover on top of the valve cover..... the engine bay setup is much cleaner and has more room for turbo pipes if needed.. the new azer is fast as hell with 263hp, it gets up like no 2morrow for its weight difference...

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
yeah Car and Driver just did a review on the Azera...and they freakin' loved it. It's an amazing car...and it's so cheap (price-wise, definitely not build- and quality-wise!!!) compared to every other car in its class....

but back to the topic lol...i test drove an '06 Accent with an automatic the other day...and I have to say, i like my 2005 GL better.
--yes, the interior in the '06 is quite a change from the LC/LC2 interior, and IMO, the dash layout is much more spaced out and the buttons/dials are easier to access without looking, but i'm definitely not liking the 2-toned upper and lower dash...it looks like you went to a junkyard and took the lower dash off a different-colored Accent...the tone change is just very abrupt and akward-looking. And forget about swapping out the stock head unit for an aftermarket unit....
--i think the exterior, particularly the grille/hood/headlight area, looks wayyyy too much like one of those tiny European and Japanese cars...ew. just overall...it's too CURVY! I kinda like the slight blockiness of my GL...the lines are sharper and more defined, and the entire look is more aggressive.

but, however it looks, the Accent really did need a facelift...it's looked pretty much the same for a long time...it was time to do so.

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
YEah the new accent... looks echo-y!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts