Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to replace the factory rubber on my wifes 06 Accent. Upgraded 15" rims with 195/55-15 . Local place quoted me $506 to replace all four (mount, ballance included) for this size. Is there another tire size anyone would suggest that might be a little cheaper? This is just a dd so nothing fancy is needed.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
That's definitely on the expensive side. You can't really just "pick" another tire size to try to make things cheaper. It's all about the tire brand and model. Check out Kumho's. Cheap, and really good tires.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Theres lots of tires choices in 205/50/15's I ran those on my car most of the summer 205/55/15s fit too but thats a pretty tall tire. I also ran at the beggining of the Winter 195/60/15 but again on the tall side and now I run 185/55/15s (my new snow tires)

·
Registered
63 Posts
i'm a big fan of sumitomo tires from tirerack. heres their all season tire:

Sumitomo HTR H4

if it were my car, for looks i prefer a 205 width, but you might go more narrow if you get a lot of snow in the winter. with 205s you also risk rubbing the rear tire against the wheel well lip, depending on the aftermarket wheel offset. and the wide 205s can track the road surface more, following grooves in the road, which can be annoying.

if it was my wifes car, i'd say a 195 width all-seaon tire might be a better compromise...for looks, snow traction, clearance, and tracking.

edit: i don't live in ohio, but i've been there once in winter and experienced the 'lake effect' snow they get along the south shore of lake erie. i think i'd use proper snow tires on all the family cars in winter.....it even has its own link on wikipedia!
Lake-effect snow - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1 - 4 of 4 Posts