Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a small problem yesterday with my 06 accent gsi. I left a parking lot, and accelerated hard, upto 5800 rpm. Then switched to 2nd gear. Noticed the engine lacking power, and the check engine flashed a couple of times, then went off.

any ideas what this could be?

thx for the help

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
I get that sometimes... Just after a really hard shift normally...

You shouldn't be accelerating that hard with a brand new car anyway...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
4000 kms
1 oil change
no mods

u have had that same problem then eh? does anyone know what it means?

the car should be able to handle hard acceleration, as long as it below the redline.
i would be pretty weary of a car that "can't" accelerate harder than normal due to crappy design.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I had the same isue with my 04 and it turned out theplug wires where starting to fray. You should change those peices of crap anyway. Swap out the wires andyou will see all your troublesgo away.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
A blinking CEL means your engine misfired. Take it to the dealership and get the code read, you're car is under warranty.

·
Registered
384 Posts
when does the governor kick in on the new models? I on mine it is right about 5800.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I didn't know that had a GSi (or GT, whatever) version of the new model...huh...w/e, your car, you know for sure.

yeah definitely bring it in.... the warranty is there for a reason!

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Mine did that on occasion, from what I figured it was the amount of engine movement on a hard, no mercy type 1-2 shift caused the knock sensors to think the engine was knocking when in fact it was fine, and it causes the misfire itself. So long as it doesnt do it all the time you're fine, just a programming hole in the ECM.

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
Originally posted by 03-Accent-03
[body]
I get that sometimes... Just after a really hard shift normally...

You shouldn't be accelerating that hard with a brand new car anyway...
[/body]
its alright to accel that hard. perfectly normal for it to see WOT during the break in period. i know when we test drive them for pdi's we do.

·
Registered
517 Posts
That's happened to me once or twice too. I accelerated till right before the rev limiter kicked in, the check engine light blinked for a minute, and while it was blinking the car didn't have as much power as usual. It's not a real problem, though.

Also, once the light actually stayed on (solid, not blinking). I took it in to the dealer and they replaced a sensor (I forget which one; maybe the 02 sensor in the exhaust?).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just got back from the dealer.

One of the spark plugs was f'd. Stay tuned, as I will be driving the crap outta this to see if the light comes on again. ;):

1 - 15 of 15 Posts