Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2006 Elantra GT and need to replace the small bulbs inside the headlight units(#168 or #194 lamps). My problem is difficulty removing the lamp socket from the back of the unit, do I twist off like the turn signal socket or just pull straight out. I don't want to break anything. Please help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
2006 Elantra GT

I own a 2006 Elantra GT and need to replace the small bulbs inside the headlight units(#168 or #194 lamps). My problem is difficulty removing the lamp socket from the back of the unit, do I twist off like the turn signal socket or just pull straight out. I don't want to break anything. Please help.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Easiest way to replace the bulbs on any XD Elantra, is to remove the headlight assembly from the car.

Pop the hood, and remove the 3 bolts holding it in place - 2 on the top, and 1 down beside the radiator.

Then, lots of room to work, replace the bulbs, and reinstalled the headlamp assembly and the 3 bolts.

Easy. All that is needed is a 10 mm socket and ratchet and a 12" extension helps to make it faster.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2006 elantra gt headlights

thanks for the reply and info grimmy, Found out that socket actually pulls straight out to access # 194 bulb for halo lights

1 - 4 of 4 Posts