Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I am an owner of the new 2007 Hyundai Accent SR hatchback and i'm looking to get a set of heders for it. But i need to know if the 2007 Engine Block is the same as the previous years; because i'm looking at a set of EVOFUSION stainless steel headers and downpipe that is listed for a 2000-2006 accent with a 1.6L DOHC. My 2007 has a 1.6L DOHC. So my question is will these headers work; if not can anyone advise a better solution?

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
I'm not sure if the head bolt pattern was changed when they added CVVT. It's likely to bolt on but not 100% surely going to fit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess ill have to check at the dealer ship, but thanx for the input. by the way i know this is gonna make sound even more like a newb, but im only 17 and kinda new to the automotive trade; so whats cvvt?:confused:

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Continuously variable valve timing. If you ask to see an 06 and an 00-05 exhaust manifold gasket to compare them you should be able to check the port shape and stud pattern for compatibility.

Also, even if it bolts to the head the odds are against it bolting to the rest of the exhaust so you'll have to have that custom bent at a shop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts