Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
I hear those moddels ECU's are a nightmare to workwith on boost.
If you plan on a reflash for tuning I would go with a turbo. Superchargers dont push too much on 4 cylinder cars, you wont get as much power.
plus turbos are way cooler look cooler, sound cooler and preform better.

·
Registered
127 Posts
well honestly superchargers can pull power deppendin on the pulley and there better on the bottom end of your ower band but i would go with a turbo even though bumping up power takes more gas either way u look at it super chargers take more gs cause it takes power to make it, yet the turbo's run off your exhaut so its free power not to mention they're bettr on the top end time u get out of first gear ull be shifting into psi and the turbo will spool with the exhaust so the faster u go and higher rpms it will keep going and it wont want to bog the boost like a supercharger will. over all aspect i would get a turbo personaly but if u want a supercharger then get one dont get a turbo because people think their cool get what you want. also super and turbo works the same way same low comprestion same boost through vacume changing the pressure in ur combotion chamber and same feeding it with tons of air to suply ur engine with what it needs only difference in the 2 is ones belt driven and ones exhaust so they both wll compliment ur engine the same. but if ur doing high speed races then personaly i would go turbo if ur looking more for a track with alot of turns and power needed in the lower end i would go turbo or super depends if u do what alot of people dont do is build ur bottom end for pick up and go until the turbo kicks in. hope this info helps some and my fingers are hurting lol cause im typing this all on my blackjack haha good luck which ever way u go.

·
Registered
502 Posts
well you didnt need to get technial just say if its a daily car get a turbo. you will save more gas then a supercharger.:D

if you dont believe me think about it.
a small 14b turbo will start to spool at 2k RPM
but a supercharger is in a constant boost because it is belt driven.

4psi on a turbo is more power then 4psi supercharger tho, that is the belt leatch and mabe something els.
higher the psi the bigger the power differences are.

sure there are differences in the low end power but that is where you need to get technical on your turbo. (its fun to get technical)
u think about things like air temp, air flow, oil temp, and many more fun exciting things.

by the way there are sertain turbos that can spool right on start it all depends on what the make the turbine from, if its ball bering, how big the turbine is, how good the air flow is, and much more.

seriosly tho good luck with your ECU

sorry if im spelling is bad I rely too much on mozila and im on IE (yuk)

O and I have heard of people incubating N/A high comp pistons into a low boosted car for good low end and high end. a couple honda boys were doing that.

·
Registered
127 Posts
lol sorry if that was technical for but thats just normal car talk where im at where i live is nothing but military and street racers lol and i was just giving out information yet 4 psi is still 4 psi turbo or super u will get same power gain just in different power bands but ya it does depend on the turbo like a double ball bearing will get a nice spool up lol not saying that you were wrong just giving some info bro cause thats all we got around here is racing and tuning theres nothing for fun lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts