Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found good information on disabling the seat belt chime. Now what 's the best way to disable the door chime on a 2007 Sonata?

·
Registered
686 Posts
unplug the bell.... its underneath the dash, just look for the ringing sound.

that is if its like the older models :-\

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
unplug the bell.... its underneath the dash, just look for the ringing sound.

that is if its like the older models :-\
It is not like the older model. The chime is built into the BCM and cannot be disconnected.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I removed the buckle slider and it silenced the seatbelt chime as advertised. The only problem now is that the car knows it has been tampered with. Putting the slider back in doesn't pacify the SRI indicator on the dash. I'm assuming that I have to take it to a dealer now to have the SRS system reset. Or is there some way I can reset it? Can they tell the slider is missing (other than the absence of the chime) or do they just do a reset on the computer module?

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
I removed the buckle slider and it silenced the seatbelt chime as advertised. The only problem now is that the car knows it has been tampered with. Putting the slider back in doesn't pacify the SRI indicator on the dash. I'm assuming that I have to take it to a dealer now to have the SRS system reset. Or is there some way I can reset it? Can they tell the slider is missing (other than the absence of the chime) or do they just do a reset on the computer module?
They will have to redo the wiring back to factory specifications to turn it off. You can't reset the ECU without a scan tool.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts